This is the Message Centre for Sho - employed again!

2 teenagers...

Post 61

Yarreau

For one thing, I never say "in my opinion". That is a typically female figure of speech, and I'm not buying into it. Whatever i say will always be "my opinion", nothing more and nothing less - neither something I don't really mean, nor an absolute truth that cannot be challenged.

As to the "cruelty" - that referred not to setting chores per se, but to the following:

> Possibly what works is me then prancing around saying things like 'so
> glad you didn't do your jobs, now you have to do mine and I get to
> sit around drinking coffee Go on, argue, so I can get you to hoover as well'.

That struck me as rather hostile. Call it gloating, or a demonstration of power - at any rate, this is bound to make a child cry and develop deep feelings of resentment, not become more responsible.

2 teenagers...

Post 62

Sho - employed again!

thanks - I've been working on the positive reinforcement for a while but no results yet... smiley - chef is just too grumpy to even try to understand what it is...

and - you know that bit in Mama Mia when they are getting ready for the weding and they're singing - it makes me smiley - wah every time.

2 teenagers...

Post 63

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

The whole movie made me cry ... Not only for the money that I spent to entertain my wife and two friends, but the money I sunk into the DVD as a Christmas prezzie for her. Both of which I had to suffer too!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Sho - employed again!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more