A Conversation for 'Band On The Run' by Paul McCartney

My first favourite song

Post 1

Doctor 42

Yes......Band on the run, that brings back memories. At the age of 4 years old that was my first official favourite song ( excluding my tot favs like "Pop goes the Weasel")......could only sing the first couple of lines and drove the family mad with it!

My first favourite song

Post 2

Bluebottle

Ah - happy memories. I wasn't born when "Band on The Run" came out, and so didn't really hear it anywhere until 1990. But from then on I knew it was a great song. I just love the way it has a beginning, middle and end. smiley - smiley

My first favourite song

Post 3

James Casey

I once did a 'Best of the Beatles after The Beatles' album (sound familiar? smiley - smiley ) and used Band on the Run only from the final section of the song (intro to the 'Well the rain exploded...' bit). Clearly misguided - it's all ace!

My first favourite song

Post 4

Bluebottle

Definately - and that's what I love about Wings - all their songs have different styles. "Live and Let Die" is completely different from "Mull of Kintyre". "My Love" is different to "Silly Love Songs". Most modern bands, including many I like such as the Lighthouse Family, have all the songs in the same style and they sound about the same. Wings, though, is completely different in which almost every song is unique (although there are certain common themes.)
But "Band on The Run" is definately all ace. smiley - smiley

My first favourite song

Post 5

James Casey

If you listen to the 'If I ever get out of here' section of the Band on the run song, the final 'If we ever get out of here' line has a harmony on it which sounds just like John! Now I'm not saying it is him, in fact I seriously doubt it - but someone's accidentally doing his voice!

My first favourite song

Post 6

Bluebottle

I'd never noticed that - I'll listen out for it when I get home!
Thanks for suggesting it. I too doubt that it is him, but I'll see if I think it sounds John-like. I expect you're right, though.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more