This is the Message Centre for Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

It's official

Post 1

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

I'm nervous, it's a week tomorrow until my interview at Dundee College for my Portfolio Preparation Course...and even though I know people get in with less than I have...I'm starting to get really nervous.

I don't have any idea what they're gonna ask or want from me, and the people who probably would know (ie my teachers) I can't get in touch with because its the school holidays and we're not back until Tuesday...the day after my interview.

I know I'll be okay, I mean the woman my mum talked to seemed interested already and my grades are way about what they want for university entry (CCC I've got AABC) but I'm scared...if I cock this up and don't get into this course I don't know what I'll do, art's the only thing I'm good at and if I don't get in I'll end up working for my dad for the rest of my life!

I'm scaredsmiley - sadface

It's official

Post 2

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

Hey sweets, you said it yourself they want you, you've got the grades, it's something you are good at... you'll walk the interview.

smiley - cuddle
smiley - peacedove

It's official

Post 3

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

I know, I'm just still a little fraught about it, I've never had an interview in my life, I mean I work for my dad, I've never applied for uni and closest I've had to an interview is the review I get in art and that's useless

smiley - cuddle

It's official

Post 4

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

Uncle Heavy must have been through the interview process, couldn't he gives you some tips and pointers to booost your confidence?

*smiley - cuddle*

smiley - peacedove

It's official

Post 5

It's a different process for art than normal courses, you'll have your interview for part of the time then they'll go through your portfolio and ask you to explain stuff and ask questions about art...I know nothing about recent art!

It's official

Post 6

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

You created your portfolio so you must understand it, and I'm sure are able to express and opinion on lots of area of art... you see you do have some inkling of what to expect, you can deal with what isn't such indimidating thing after all...

smiley - peacedove

It's official

Post 7

*sigh* I just wish I could talk to one of my teachers, least they could give me a vague idea of what I should be expecting.

It's official

Post 8

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

Why not outline the problem @ <./>Askh2g2</.> there may someone that can help you there.

smiley - peacedove

It's official

Post 9

it might be an idea

It's official

Post 10

Number Six

I had an interview for my University course - I did Media Arts, which was essentially Film Studies with knobs on. I wasn't a film obsessive (and unfortunately far too many people on the course were) but I think I got through because I knew enough to get by, and when I didn't have the specific knowledge or know the jargon, the guy interviewing me took me through a scenario and allowed me to prove that I wasn't a complete muppet.

Basically, though, I was lucky to get the bloke I did, because we got on well and at the end of the day it's down to whether they think you'll be the kind of person it's going to be nice to have around for three years, and whether your presence will add something to the department.

About the modern art - does what you're applying for involve the study of it? If not, then don't be worried about not knowing anything about it - just think very carefully about why what's going on at the moment leaves you cold and be able to tell them so!

Hope this helps...

Cheers,
Number Six

smiley - mod

It's official

Post 11

Thank Six smiley - cuddle

I don't think it does, it's literally just helping you create a portfolio for entry into higher education, I'll did out the thing this afternoon and have a think

It's official

Post 12

The Rogue aka Phoniex

i have SAT's in three weeks, im soooooooo scared

It's official

Post 13

Crazy Man

English SATs aren't so bad...it's the American ones that are bad smiley - yikes

I take the maths one in 3 weeks smiley - yikes

It's official

Post 14

The Rogue aka Phoniex

yeah but thats the equivelent of GCSE's and we get them and SAT's

It's official

Post 15

Crazy Man

it's not really the equivalent of GCSEs....they're like AS maybe smiley - erm

It's official

Post 16

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

Don't worry about SATs they're completely meaningless, Phoniex.

smiley - peacedove

It's official

Post 17

Crazy Man

year 9 ones prolly are...smiley - erm

It's official

Post 18

The Rogue aka Phoniex

still VERY frightening no matter whatanyone says

It's official

Post 19

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

smiley - cuddle

smiley - peacedove

It's official

Post 20

Crazy Man

smiley - monstersmiley - cuddle&smiley - smooch Phoniex

You'll be alright smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more