A Conversation for The Burning Man Festival - Nevada, USA

Burning man festival - nevada

Post 1

guru walker

Sounds like a really good laugh. What happens during the 6 days leading up to the burning on the burning man? Is it an organised festival with tattoo artists, fire breathers and stalls? Or a free for all, of drink drugs and music?

If I can get some money together and leave my job (a contradiction in terms I feel) it's the sort of thing I would never have thought of doing before but I quite like the sound of it now.

Tidy anarchy?

Post 2

Mike A (snowblind)

Maybe

I just wanna interject my thoughts here...

This guide entry, in it's unofficial form, was one of the first entries I read when I registered. I even gave the researcher a hand with GuideML (in a v small way *^_^*)
It gave me v big surprise when I received this to subedit, and now it's a privilage to have been able to done this. A sign of how things have progressed in the 9 months since I first read this, and it hit the front page with its own graphic smiley - smiley

Post 3

Redbeard (Thanks to all who supported The Celery!))

Very nice entry. Really captures the spirit of the event. I've been interested in the Burning Man for a few years now, and actually hope to go this year.

Post 4

Zero X Of the Permanent Hangover

I just want to know how I can find directions and tickets to this thing. I just want to go on the last few days because it would be impossible for someone as dependent on electricity and the comforts of home to go on one very long, very loud, and very hot party. Still a few days of running around wearing shiny things and doing some glow in the dark battling with other ravers, and then not remembering why you woke up covered in mud and next to a goat would be one hell of a life experience.

Post 5

Mike A (snowblind)

You betcha!

http://www.burningman.com

Post 6

Redbeard (Thanks to all who supported The Celery!))

http://www.burningman.com/
is the official site with directions, ticket info, survival guide, etc.

Post 7

Mike A (snowblind)

I knew that...

Post 8

PhyreSeed

Hey! You forgot to include the link for the e-playa ([Broken Link Removed by Moderator]), our conversation and information board! Don't forget to drop by the Spectral Orb camp and then go see the Church of the Electron @ 11:30, 2000' from the Man. Word UP!
-phyreseed/cephus/adam

Post 9

DJ Buddhaful

I think that you are missing a little of the point of the festival. This is a forum for self-expression, self-reliance, and self-discovery....sure, its a great party too, but there is more to it than that. Its about participation, not spectating, which is what most "weekenders" come out there to do. Don't get me wrong, I do know people who fully participate that only come for the last few days, but they tend to be few and far between. I may be reading your post wrong, but if you're looking for a giant rave, it may not be the event for you. If you're looking for a life changing experience in creativity and expression, then see you out there! This'll be our 5th year attending, and we'll never stop going!

just my 2 cents...

We now return you to your regularly scheduled purple elephant jousting!!

Post 10

Raja Ananda

I have attended the two most recent festivals and cannot not wait to reurn for this years event!! There is no other place like it in the world that I know about. Every year the attendance grows by the record-breaking thousands.

If yer interested check out my complition of photos from Burningman 2001-2002. Some of the photos were taken by me & my friends and some were collected from the internet:

http://dopedesign.com/index.php?album=34

Key: Complain about this post