A Conversation for The h2g2 Real Life Birthday Party - With Cake

Well, that was fun!

Post 1

Alon (aka Mr.Cynic)

Looking forward to see the rest of the pics, as long as they're not of me smiley - smiley. A nice run-down though. That cake was lovely, Aendr smiley - smiley.

Well, that was fun!

Post 2

Dancing Ermine

Pastey neglected to say that he and everyone else mentioned so far was on team A and proceeded to put in a deteriorating performance for the rest of the day. Personally I was very pleased with the bowling/pitching, it tended to set things up nicely for some big hits smiley - smiley

Was fun seeing everyone though. And definitely looking forward to more pics, even if they are of me. Though I'll probably end up cringing under some towels when I do see them. smiley - bigeyes

DE(Team B membersmiley - winkeye)

Well, that was fun!

Post 3

Boys and Cake Girl

The cake deserves much praise as it was lovely. The softball looked far too energetic if you ask me!smiley - smiley

Well, that was fun!

Post 4

Bluebottle

You also forgot to mention Joanna's plan to cover the whole of Hyde Park in washing up liquid spilt from her bubbles. Did you see how soaked and sticky the ground around her became?

Well, that was fun!

Post 5

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

It's a good thing we left the park before the rain started or we would have been engulfed in foam! smiley - smiley

Well, that was fun!

Post 6

Joe aka Arnia, Muse, Keeper, MathEd, Guru and Zen Cook (business is booming)

*As newscaster*

And just in from central London. A large cloud of white bubbles is spreading at a rate of 1 mile per hour down the Mall towards Whitehall. Civil servants are advised to evacuate. Thank you.

Well, that was fun!

Post 7

Pastey

smiley - smiley

I've got pics in from Dr.E and from Zedleu, hopefully I'll have those up tonightsmiley - smiley

smiley - fish

Well, that was fun!

Post 8

alicat (Patron Saint of Good Taste)

You are all the envy of us researchers across the pond. Looking forward to more pictures. smiley - smiley

Well, that was fun!

Post 9

Zebedee (still Pool God after all these years)

Looking forward to H2G2BP2!

Well, that was fun!

Post 10

You lucky dog, Zeb. smiley - smiley

Well, that was fun!

Post 11

Lady Bluebonnet

Even though I am new to this wonderful group and living in the states, I don't have any trouble visualising the fun y'all had. Maybe a stateside party should be organised. We play ball and drink beer too! smiley - smiley

Well, that was fun!

Post 12

Ioreth (on hiatus)

I see the prospects of a New York meetup for the east coast people....

In the meantime, extreme jealousy smiley - smiley

Well, that was fun!

Post 13

Kheldar (Don't hate the media, Become the media)

What else is there to say...
I had a great time (and a wet time of course smiley - winkeye ). And of course I'm also looking forward to more pics (incl. my own, as soon as they're developed) and SY'All at the next one smiley - smiley

Well, that was fun!

Post 14

Bluebottle

Yes, that's the right idea. Peregrin's photos are currently being developed, including ones of the last meet-up! They should be on their way tonight...

Well, that was fun!

Post 15

Yes, loreth, there's no reason why we couldn't organise a similar meeting stateside. smiley - smiley

Well, that was fun!

Post 16

Demon Drawer

***News just in ***

***Top Secret for PM and Cabinet Eyes Only***

Civil Servants at the MOD are on alert as a Military operation is under way to reclaim Hyde Park from a sea of foam.

(Isn't it good to have frineds in the right departments smiley - smiley)

Well, that was fun!

Post 17

LOL. smiley - smiley

Well, that was fun!

Post 18

The Fish

Pastey,

Not wishing to complain, but could you change my number from (Scifibloke) to TheFish (43536)?? smiley - smileysmiley - smiley

smiley - fish

Wow... soon there'll be H2G2 meetup's Globally!!!... now there's a thought!

Well, that was fun!

Post 19

smiley - bigeyes

Well, that was fun!

Post 20

Pastey

Sorry the pics aren't up yet. Anne hogged the 'puter all Monday night and I was at a wedding yesterday. I'll try later tonightsmiley - smiley

smiley - fish

Key: Complain about this post