This is the Message Centre for LL Waz

Scotland's parliament sells Scotland out

Post 1

LL Waz

The lack of a capital P is deliberate.

Trump allowed, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/7461059.stm to needlessly (F40352?thread=6005863) destroy an SSSI.

"the value of the Menie links could not be understated"
"the natural features of the dunes there were of national scientific interest."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/7461059.stm

But hey, let's sacrifice scientific research and natural beauty that anyone can enjoy to make another playground for the well-heeled plus-foured. Scots whae hae.

Post 2

AlsoRan80

Very dear Waz,

So sorry to hear that your efforts were in vain. But nothing is ever in vain. You tried your best, and it is sad that the decision went against everything that you hold dear.

I am afraid that I am an optimist and always believe that things really do happen for a reason - even if it is not self evixdent.

So take courage. You did all you could.

with much affection

AR80

Post 3

Willem

Maybe it's time to make and sell some Trump Voodoo dolls.

Post 4

LL Waz

That's tempting Willem ...

My head says what you say is possible Christiane, but I'm so disappointed the Scottish parliament are so ready to ignore the SSSI protection - what protection will they honour? And I'm afraid what this might do to Forvie Sands.

SSSI turns to $$$I smiley - sadface

My sister says "!!!****$£&&£££$$$$$$$TRUMP^^^*********!!" I agree.

Post 5

Websailor

Hi, Waz,

I am so sorry to hear that. It seems that SSSI's are very vulnerable. Developers start by taking small 'bites' out of them, followed by another then another, until its value as a SSSI is diminished.

I think the SSSI is turning to $$$I and it is sickening. Unfortunately $$$s and £££s hold more sway than anything else these days, and it seems the current crisis in the financial world is still not causing a rethink on moral values.

I agree with your sister, and perhaps Willem too smiley - steam

Websailor smiley - dragon

Post 6

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

so then, Capt combover has got his way eh!

One could, if One was inclined, start applying for membership of said golf course..................... and also start making life difficult for the contractors/and the security firm that will have to police it, just make yourself into one of these firms and clog the works with appiclations, also try the land registry and try and make somesort of claim on a small important part of the dunes! find a golf hating Scotish Judge............. not that I think that Anyone should......................

RJR smiley - smiley

Post 7

Willem

I think I agree with your sister as well Waz.

Post 8

Hypatia

Waz, I don't understand the situation well enough to make an intelligent comment. But I wish things had turned out more to your liking. smiley - hug

Post 9

AlsoRan80

Dear Hypatia,

I have not heard from you for ages. How are you. Are you feeling more relaxed and at peace?

I look forward to planning all sorts of lovely things and events next yer.

Christiane AR80

Post 10

Hypatia

Hello, Christiane. I am well and staying busy. That has always been my primary coping mechanism -- just keep going.

My visit is still 6 months away, but that time will pass quickly. I am genuinely looking forward to spending time with you. It's going to be wonderful. We'll have to persuade Waz to come south. smiley - smiley

Speaking of Scotland, I think I'll finally make it up there this trip. I'm going to be farther north than before. My fellow is a Roman history nut. He wants to see Hadrian's Wall. If I'm that close, I want to at least see Edinburgh.

Hyp

Post 11

Willem

Hey folks! This makes me think about something that happened here ... a museum burnt down, and it was reported in the newspaper that the damage amounted to some million rands, and *also* that a number of important historical objects were destroyed. I immediately wondered how they could attach a money-value to an historical object that, once lost, could never be replaced. In my own estimation, if something cannot be replaced, then you can't really attach a money-value to it. No amount of money can make up for its loss. This is true for important historical objects that form part of humanity's cultural heritage; isn't it true for the world of nature, our natural heritage, as well? Ecosystems destroyed, species lost ... how can one attach a money-value to them?

No amount of Trump's (or anyone else's) money can replace a fragile and unique ecosystem once it's lost.

OK ... the world does repair damage ecologies, and even replaces lost species by evolution, over the course of time, on its own, which is a miracle of nature! But that takes time, sometimes a *lot* of time.

OK ... and *maybe* one day we might be able to bring back extinct species by means of cloning ... but to me, certainly, that is much more cumbersome than just not making them extinct in the first place.

Post 12

AlsoRan80

Dear Hyp.

Lovely to hear from you.

Did you get any sleep yesterday/today.

Do tell me if you like theatre/classical music/ballet/opera and I shall see what is on and send you brochures - mind you I suppose that you can probably find them on the internet.

Yes , we must try and get Waz and her friend down. I think you will all have to come here because I cannot possibly move around. !!I might fall apart. !!

With much affect9on

Christiane
AR80

Post 13

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

Capt Combover, needs a kick up the Ar$e for prusuing this!

RJRsmiley - smiley

Post 14

LL Waz

The economic downturn isn't a problem apparently, Donald will build the course with his own money and hope the housing market improves so that the sale of 500 houses will refund him.

Here's a curious thing (from the Public Enquiry report), He wants the SSSI designation to stay in place (Understandably. He wants this course to be internationally famous - an SSSI will add to its status, having destroyed one will take away from it.) It's up to Scottish Natural Heritage to decide whether to denotify the site because it no longer has sufficient scientific interest. Even Trump International seem to accept that the development destroys the scientific interest. Not even multimillionaires can have their cake _and_ eat it, so what gives there?

It was outline permission that was given, details have to be hammered out locally. I'm still hoping something may come from the detail.

Skimming through the report, a better architect seems to be being hinted at - to design a truly iconic development. As opposed to the dreadful naff sounding Victorian style hotel and conference centre proposed. Should think so too! Here's hoping for that also.

(Go South?! Eeeek....smiley - run

smiley - winkeye)

Post 15

AlsoRan80

Oh my dear smiley - sadface

Don't you want to come and see me?

smiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wah

I am sorry but the technical things about the golf course etc. are simply beyond me.

Anyway, I really do not like Mr. T.

Post 16

LL Waz

Don't worry about the technical stuff - some of what I put in journals is just letting off steam and some of it's for my own record. I did email SNH about something in that last post and this helps me remember what I was thinking etc.

Seeing you and Hyp would be worth going South for. You're not _that_ far South ... really ... it's just South is totally the Wrong Direction! Couldn't you move somewhere nice and North. Aberdeen, for instance. Really nice place (despite the prospective Trump neighbours) and in the Right Direction. You'd like Aberdeen. It's got a fantastic beach, sea views, a harbour, Royal connections, great little art gallery ...what do you think?

Post 17

Wand'rin star

It's also colder, especially with the gulf - stream wavering. Stay put and make them(us) all come to visit you.smiley - starsmiley - star

Post 18

AlsoRan80

Sounds a wonderful idea - but how close is it to you?

and now wandering starsmiley - starsmiley - star is making me have me "doots. "

Would it mean that I could go to the Edinburgh Festival?

Post 19

Hypatia

Scotland is still on my short list of retirement locations. smiley - smiley

Christiane, I suspect we can get Waz to come to that town which is not to be mentioned. smiley - winkeye

Trump is such a chicken dinner winner. I can believe that anything he undertakes will smiley - bleep things up for everyone else.

Post 20

Ok enough abouyt eco systems, what about the trump comb over, I mean If were to meet said trump do we

A> try and stop your eyes wandering to the "birds nest"

B> just stifle a snigger

C> point and snigger

D> smiley - rofl

smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post