A Conversation for The h2g2 Tour - An Introduction to h2g2

Where can I buy an H2g2 tshirt

Post 1

Initech_guy

sorry if this is an obvious answer but I briefly looked on bbc.co.uk, on h2g2 and did a google search and found nothing.

thanks much,
//b

Post 2

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

As far as I know, there aren't any official ones for sale any longer. I have one that I won a few years back in a contest, I don't know if they're still doing that.

smiley - cheers

Post 3

Initech_guy

Thanks Mikey (We meet again..I think?)

I guess this is a job for Cafepress smiley - smileysmiley - smiley

Post 4

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Yup, I was the one who added you to the Northwest US Researchers Group. smiley - cheers

Post 5

fords - number 1 all over heaven

At the moment, there are no h2g2 t-shirts. They've never been on sale as they've traditionally been prizes at London meets. But the BBC'd make a fortune if they did sell them though! smiley - biggrin

Post 6

SEF

Presumably existing owners could sell them on e-bay (or whatever similar facilities might exist) or on stalls at conventions. Although I've never worn mine, I'm not sure I want the hassle of arranging to sell it. Meanwhile it's waiting until it's needed as expendable dross during some really dirty job and then it might become a rag.

I donated my last prize thingy to GreyDesk because I didn't really want it and he said he was collecting them. Though I don't actually know whether the staff really did send it to him; I only know they didn't send it to me.

Post 7

I'm not really here

The original ones from tdv were on sale, but when the new ones came in from the Beeb it was too complicated, so they became prizes. They are all gone now though - whether there will ever be anymore is anyone's guess really.

I got the last tdv t shirt. smiley - biggrin

Post 8

The h2g2.com ones were on sale? I won both of mine - I'm not complaining though! smiley - winkeye

Post 9

Zak T Duck

Yup, which is where the legacy <./>shop</.> link came from.

Post 10

Well, you learn something new every day smiley - biggrin

Post 11

Initech_guy

So can one of the editors possibly bring this up with the bigwigs at the beeb? What better way to advertise your product than to have people wearing bloody advertisements on their chests (and paying for that right)

cheers from seattle
//b

Post 12

I'm not really here

You'd be better to post a new thread to <./>Feedback</.>. The Producer did organise some merchandise a few years ago, which was used as competition prizes. It's always worth asking if they can get some more.

Key: Complain about this post