A Conversation for Animals that Freeze Solid

That´s really COOL !

Post 1

jak

I am impressed, no joke. That´s not so much a chemical reaction but a kind of micro-mechanic process - did I get this right? Are you doing researches in this field on private or professional account? How is this process monitored by the organism? Is it just a reaction more or less influenced by the temperature outside?

That´s really COOL !

Post 2

Barley

i have to ask where one gets this kind of information?
it reminds of all of the things in this world that i have yet to learn. i guess i better get back to work! smiley - smiley

That´s really COOL !

Post 3

guru walker

In some organisms it is a reaction to temperature drop. The temperature drops, their metabolism slows and they automatically allow themselves to freeze.

That´s really COOL !

Post 4

Mamba Wamba

I have to agree with Barley. This does remind me of all of those facts that I have yet to learn.

That's really COOL !

Post 5

aka Bel - A87832164

What a great entry! Thanks very much for writing it. smiley - cheers

That's really COOL !

Post 6

Vestboy

Definitions of life sometimes need rewriting don't they. I heard of worms that in hot climates completely dehydrate. Then when you add water they spring back into life. What is the state called when they are non-moving, non breathing, non-anything if it isn't dead?

That's really COOL !

Post 7

greysuit2

Have a look at BBC Parliament.

Next time they're broacasting from the House of Lords - you may find the answer to your question.

That's really COOL !

Post 8

Vestboy

lol!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more