A Conversation for 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' - the TV Series

Picking Holes...

Post 101

Peanut

Hi Peet, Poofy the VS smiley - laugh I'm sorry that I missed that.

FABT!!!Stop it, its 6.56am I'm on first cup of smiley - coffeesmiley - laugh

Love Peanut xx

Picking Holes...

Post 102

Detective Armani

Was that on this week? If so i`ll be able to catch the highlights on E4.

Picking Holes...

Post 103

Peanut

Yep

Picking Holes...

Post 104

Detective Armani

Yay! Must try to remember it`s on smiley - laugh

Picking Holes...

Post 105

Catwoman

I love digital tv.
Except when you manage to miss things even though they're on twice. (slap self round face doubly hard)

Picking Holes...

Post 106

Lewis

Actually using muscles etc. for whatever purpose ties in with breathing. I we take as read that a vampire's heart no longer beats (although we have to consider why you need to stake them through the heart), as someone else said, we have to allow that skeletal muscle still works perfectly well. Stricly this would allow Angel and the rest to appear to breath (as anyone knows you can voluntarily control breathing, just take a couple of deep breaths to convince yourself!). It ought to allow Angel to give mouth-to-mouth to Buffy too. He might not do it for a variety of reasons:

emotionally, being in touch with the dead body of the woman he loves;
tactically, he doesn't want to bend over in front of Xander who is giving him plenty of abuse at the time;

and I'm sure we can add others if we try.

Of course Occam's Razor suggests a slip on the part of the writers, or just the need to change the dramatic tension and have Xander rescue Buffy in that instance.

Picking Holes...

Post 107

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Well, as I've said elsewhere, for someone (something?) who doesn't breathe, he does a damn good job of blowing out candles... smiley - vampire

And, to lower the tone of the conversation, when he had his moment of "purest pleasure" with Buffy, how did he maintain an erection without a heartbeat? smiley - erm

Picking Holes...

Post 108

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

*he doesn't want to bend over in front of Xander who is giving him plenty of abuse at the time*

i like that explanaition

Picking Holes...

Post 109

Detective Armani

Managed to catch Poofy the VS on the repeat. It was hilarious. Tony Head is brill. Always up for a smiley - laugh

Picking Holes...

Post 110

Peanut

Careful Peet I might have to go back to my biology books and seek explainations, long posts might follow smiley - laugh

Angel might have not believed or known that he could do the mouth to mouth, he is a pretty introverted guy, into 'culture' if anything and he is however many years old 240 is it? Strikes me that with vamps healing abilties they have little motivation to try an understand their own biology and why bother with learning about ours. He might have just felt completely incompetant, he might in fact be incompetant depends on your pov, I think that is possibly a bit harsh, it was a hardly a situation that he could have ever planned or prepared for.

Angel just couldn't do it for a number of reasons, he didn't believe that he could, he might not have known that he could or been able to decide in that second. Oops Buffy, the person he loved, is dead, I can take involuntary breaths and save her, might not happen in a leap. He (personally) couldn't take the responsibilty, and possibly bringing back someone from the dead, or the brink of death had too many conetations for him and when push came to shove he wasn't up to speed, Xander was.

That's over analysis I think, probably it was just to underline the disconnection between Buffy and Angel, humans and vampires, don't you think? smiley - smiley And FABT's theory is equally as plausible I guess in FABTland smiley - winkeye and smiley - cheers

Love Peanut xx

Picking Holes...

Post 111

Catwoman

I think the 'he didn't realise' is enough of an explanation to get rid of the enormous 'people who make this show have made a mistake in continuity let us kill them for it' vibe.

Picking Holes...

Post 112

The Dali Llama

"why could Angel not 'stimulate breathing' to resucsitate(sp?) Buffy" Even if he could, his breath might not have enough O2 to help. Or maybe not, since he isn't using it.

Picking Holes...

Post 113

hi dali llama.

nothing to say at the moment just letting you know people are still breathing

reading i mean................

Picking Holes...

Post 114

The Dali Llama

Maybe Angel just never learned CPR, but doesn't want to admit it to Xander, who has been giving him lots of abuse.

Picking Holes...

Post 115

Catwoman

He never liked Angel did he?
(neither did I, except when he was bad)

(don't let it happen to Spike!)

Picking Holes...

Post 116

i think angel has lots of possibility but until i see season three i'm reserving judgment. he just doesnt seem to have done as much as everybody else in the same length of time in terms of character development, too busy brooding i suspect.

i'm not really a fan of angel, although i do like him in the fan fic.
i think there's just too much else going on to fit in the character development. angel as a series seems a lot more murder of the week oriented, and then explore the characters through that and buffy is more character oriented and the rest of the plot some how runs along at the same time.

as i read it on the interenet that was how it was supposed to be, the two shows were supposed to have two different focuses with angel being much more mystery oriented.

forgot the point of this post and now MaW turned the light out so its getting very difficult to type, BRIGHT LIGHT. blinded

adrt haperuihgaei jgnap

fABT

Picking Holes...

Post 117

Peanut

I've seen snippets of season three and I think its pretty good.

Holtz is one scary person smiley - yikes

Love Peanut xx

Picking Holes...

Post 118

who is holtz?!

saw two more buffys last night.

giving nothing aweay it ws the ones where buffy makes lots of breakfast, spike and anya get drunk, willows hair changes colour and dawn spends time with clem.

if you've seen the season you'll know where i mean.

isnt it good!

the episode between those two, which is the trios last heist, doesnt work though, so i wont be seeing that for a while.

still, all exhited, i let you all know what i think when i've processed a bit more.

Picking Holes...

Post 119

still processing,

i'm sure you're all wating with baited breath

Picking Holes...

Post 120

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

FABT, Angel's lack of "character development" is realistic, if you assume him to be hundreds of years old... He's already seen that, done that, bought the long black coat. smiley - bigeyes

The rest of the Scoobies are barely out of their teens, so life's little problems are all fresh and new to them, and they are learning to adapt - the basis of "character development". Angel came into the series almost fully-formed; his love for the Slayer is the first "novel" thing to happen to him in centuries. smiley - batsmiley - vampiresmiley - angel

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more