A Conversation for Jasper, Alberta, Canada

near Banff

Post 1

Burgoyne Benny

i'm going to cochrane near Banff with my two kids (8 + 9) this summer does anyone have any suggestions apart from exploring the woods to do with them there?
any sensible suggestions appreciated

near Banff

Post 2

b.gallant

You can go to Canmore or Calgary! Calgary is having their famous Stampede on the week-end of July 6-8 (?).

Nearby there is also Bragg Creek which has some nice ice caves and mountain biking. Kananaskis has gorgeous day hikes.

Each of these towns have great historical sites and a generally cheery atmosphere, so you should have no trouble finding things to do.

bgallant

near Banff

Post 3

Mick & Hoppa Canuck

HI! go to your " re-places posting " I already replied there.
Also, you can go to Radium Hotsprings, though it's pretty commercial
How much time do you have and how mobile are you?
I've been on pretty much every highway West of Sask.
Don't neglect Beautiful BC! If you give me a few ...Parameters of your itinerary? I'd be glad to help, and honoured as a proud Canuck
Cheers! Mick
OH YEAH! (almost forgot) you can take the Gondola to the top of the Mountain in Lake Louise and have a Snowball fight in July! Buy lots of film.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more