A Conversation for h2g2 FAQ: Conversations on h2g2

Using the Posting Icon!

Post 1

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

Does anybody here actually use the Posting Icon featured on each posting?

I just ask because I always use 'My Space' to open h2g2, and then click on all relevant postings or threads I wish to view.
If I want to view the first Posting, I click on the entry or posting, otherwise I just scroll or click on the 'new posting' link. I don't think, in x years, I've ever used the Posting Icon. smiley - huh

Just curious...

As for the smiley - yikes Icon? Now that IS 'something completely different!' smiley - laugh

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Using the Posting Icon!

Post 2

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit confused
"You are talking about a Posting Icon . . .

What icon and where about can we find it ? In what skin do you see this 'icon' ?

The only thing I can imagine is you are talking about the 'Chicken Feet', the little balls connected with lines and where some or all the balls are coloured and direct you to the respective posting this posting is a reply to, the child postings of this posting and or other replies parralel with this one. . .

This thing is officially called 'Navigation Widget' but as it is not always as usefull for naviagtion nick named 'Chicken Feet' smiley - smiley "

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more