A Conversation for UserName Analysis

Anaylysing for Drezdock, Researcher Extraordinair!!!!

Post 61

Researcher Extraordinair!!!!

I see.... said the blind man to his deaf wife, as he picked up a hammer and saw. smiley - smiley

so you kind of just use your gut feeling?

--------------------END TRANSMISSION---------------------------------

Post 62

Researcher Extraordinair!!!!

I see.... said the blind man to his deaf wife, as he picked up a hammer and saw. smiley - smiley

so you kind of just use your gut feeling?

--------------------END TRANSMISSION---------------------------------

Hi

Post 63

lena

Hi Magnolia !
First: I do like your name, because it remains me of the plant which I think is beautiful.

Well, of course I want to ask you if you would analyse my name, too. It's Lena. I'm already curious to read what you think about it.

Thanks and Bye
Lena

P.S.: This forum is a great, great idea !!!

Analysing for Lena ...

Post 64

Magnolia

Thanks for appreciating "Magnolia"!

I am beginning to think of short names in the same way that I think of those tiny red chillies which look so innocent and inoffensive but -- they pack a punch!

The main point is, a short name which also sounds like a real name offers few surfaces to grip. On the one hand, there are the usual surfaces that names offer: Lena is a woman's name, it suggests a generally Western origin, but it isn't a classical or old-fashioned or typical name. If I followed trends in Western names closely I might be able to date it, but I don't have that kind of data-base so I can only go by my overall sense that it is a younger rather than an older name. It feels as if it may be a shortened form of "Helena" and has the same pleasingly Mediterranean flavour.

A person who uses a real name -- well of course, it doesn't HAVE to be the user's OWN name -- and who can say? -- is most probably a person who is very comfortable with her/his own identity. Probably doesn't want to or need to adopt elaborate masques and screens. Perhaps is really attractive and -- in the happy way of those of us who are naturally gifted -- is glad to share that ability to attract? I would like to think so: "Lena" feels as if it belongs to a young, attractive woman. I think that impression is reinforced by the fact that I can see that the name has been offered with a capital initial letter, as well as in lowercase (in the title of the message). Lowercase names sometimes suggest (to me) a person who is keen to follow the conventions of the web -- before growing out of the lowercase usage and using a capital initial letter.

I know I make too much of case -- but in a sense, when there's only one short name, I am bound to pick it clean for meanings! It's quite interesting to me, for instance, that this name is so simple and straightforward -- it suggests a person without guile. A soft-skinned non-aggressive person who does not anticipate any hostility from the world. There is something very vulnerable about names that end in "a" ... smiley - smiley

Post 65

Magnolia

smiley - smiley ... as he picked up his hammer and saw -- what?

errr -- yes, a mix of free-association, gut-feeling, bits and pieces of pop-psychology, the experience of once having been interested in palmistry (not very seriously -- I, like a certain Ming Mang of h2g2 fame, am inclined to be a sceptic) -- and presto! NameReading is born! smiley - fish

Analysing for Wakan ...

Post 66

lena

Eh -Hi !

I know I'm not Magnolia...but... Wakan remains me of the Lakota word for medicineman "wishasha wakan" (don't know if that's the right spelling) - wakan may stand for man ?

Lena

Analysing for Lena ...

Post 67

lena

Hi Magnolia !

Thanks for your analysis ! I'm very pleased by your nice words. Oh, and you're right. Lena is a real name. It's a part of my first name.

There's something interesting about my full first name which is Jule Lena. If you take the first syllables of both words - it's Ju-le again. If you take the last syllables of both names - guess what - it's Le-na agin. Nice, isn't it ?

Lena

names

Post 68

Martin Harper

Magnolia - how ever much you deny it - you should do this professionally... look at the interest you've sparked!

My major name would be MyRedDice - variously abbreviated to MRD, dice, or red by people I "know".. The other name I use a lot is Martin, which is one of those pleasing names that nobody tries to abbreviate.
For lesser-used names, you have a choice of Martin Harper, Lucinda, Myre, and Xanthia. I use them about once a week each, or somesuch - I'll leave you to figure out the whys...

names

Post 69

Martin Harper

oh, and I missed "Luke Rhinehart" amongst the lesser-used names. *sigh* I lose track smiley - winkeye

names

Post 70

Magnolia

Hello MyRedDice and thank you for your names! I'm going to start a new thread -- this one is taking far too long to load -- so please, anyone, everyone, if you'd like to make comments on anything you see in this forum, post your comments to the new one (I have to tell myself this too because I seem to routinely go back on my own intention!) -- but I'll also be a little while coz I've just returned from a trip and I have to pretend that I have other things to do than name-analysis ... I think one reason that I'd never do this for money is that it would instantly cease to be pleasurable -- it would just be another ~yawn~ moneyspinner.smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more