The Atelier

Post 1

Researcher 99947

This place might as well had not even existed smiley - sadface

The Atelier

Post 2

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Sporky, my main man, well met.

I guess we will have to set up a sly grog joint outside the Atelier until Lil reopens it.

*Produces a bottle of dodgy red wine wrapped in a brown paper bag*

Glug

The Atelier

Post 3

Researcher 99947

I have sent an Email to the gurus or to whoever the heck. I am very disappointed in the state of things atm. The atelier's purpose is not defunct... we can't even link to pictures in our posts smiley - sadface

It will be promptly scrapped I think.

The Atelier

Post 4

Apparently we can link to pictures hosted off-site.

A work-around would be to describe the place and provide a link to the pictures. Not exactly the best but at least it will be something.

In another forum Jim Lynn has said they are negotiating (with the BBC) to get space allocated for hosting a certain amount of researchers pictures.

The Atelier

Post 5

Researcher 99947

I read that... but did you not read that we cannot supply links offsite in conversations?? We can't- read the house rules up there

The Atelier

Post 6

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

Unfortunately, he's right - for now. I have the feeling that such things will change when the main group of researchers get back and start complaining...

Until then, Mati... She's not back yet... Oh well. Hand me a glass of the dodgy wine you have there, Looney. we may as well do what we can. smiley - smiley

G7

The Atelier

Post 7

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Here we are! Loony I thikn that you will recognize these as taps borrowed from Frrinks that are being fed by the Lake Of Bliss. I hope this will keep the grog shak duly supplied till the return of Matina and the lady of the Atelier.

Marv

The Atelier

Post 8

G'day Gw7en and Marv. Cosy little hovel isn't it?

The Atelier

Post 9

Researcher 99947

strange, having so few people online here

The Atelier

Post 10

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

On one hand, though, it's nice to have such a small gathering. It was the sheer volume of traffic at the Atelier that forced me to find diversion elsewhere.

But looking at the Atelier, as it stands now, just makes one appreciate the impact of the loss of external pictures. This place is absolutely desolate without it. And what will happen with all the other uniquely-H2G2 artworks? The statue for Bruce? H2G2 Life? This place will never be the same again... smiley - sigh

The Atelier

Post 11

Researcher 99947

I could live with it, as I've said before... it is the abolition of external links that is the kicker

The Atelier

Post 12

It is only external COMMERCIAL links that are barred

The Atelier

Post 13

I read somewhere the BBC actively encourages people to link their personal sites to the BBC - and subsidery sites like h2g2

The Atelier

Post 14

Researcher 99947

within conversations, looney, within conversations. Lil is only human... how could we all expect her to up and jump, adding new urls to the page whenever we got a new one?

The Atelier

Post 15

marvthegrate LtG KEA

One hopes that TPTB will see the light. I hardly see why linking from a forum is any different than linking from a page. I would thikn that because posts can be hidden if needed anything questionable would weeded out with haste. At any rate one can name a site and get the message across. In example: [URL removed by moderator] is one of my favorite sites. Ah Cest La Vie.

Marv

The Atelier

Post 16

marvthegrate LtG KEA

On a side note, what do you think I shoudl do about finding a possible security flaw in the guide as it stands? I will not reveal the nature of this flaw publicly, but htink that it should be brought to the attention of the tower staff. I am more than sure that Mark Jim and Peta are overwhelmed with emails at the moment but it is a serious bug in my professional opinion. What say you all?

The Atelier - bit quite around here...

Post 17

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

I never really bother coming to the Atelier before, it allways seemed that the party had been going on for so long and I didn't want to interrupt. But, that said, looking back I thought that's a bit foolish of me so I took this opportunity to come and see what I've been missing all this time and I can already see that the blanket ban on external URL's (In conversations) and no external pictures has decimated what must have been a really neat place. I think this: "[URL removed by Moderator]" is going to really start ticking a lot of people off when they come back.

Clive.

The Atelier

Post 18

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

If it's that serious, I'd have to say that you should bug them about it privately. Contacting them on-site is a mistake, because that will, in effect, teach everyone else about the nature of the flaw. The people who have access right now probably love the Guide enough that they wouldn't abuse such knowledge, but let's not tempt anyone.

The Atelier

Post 19

Researcher 99947

Directly Email jim... he's great at responding.

The Atelier

Post 20

Nods sagely

Key: Complain about this post