A Conversation for Where in the World?

Checking in.

Post 1

Locust

Hello, I'm from Austria and I love h2g2! Quite funny, keep on your good work!

Checking in.

Post 2

yoda the skoda

hello - i live in northumberland which when i last checked was in the uk.

Checking in.

Post 3

Lesotho Pete

Check the name. I'm from Lesotho - a small country completely surrounded by South Africa. Originally from England.

Checking in.

Post 4

Bluejam

Hi, I'm from London (the UK one to avoid confusion!) but from June 1st I'll be living in the Philippines for a good year or so.

Checking in.

Post 5

Ishtar

Hi!
I'm from the UK too - Nottingham.

Checking in.

Post 6

Snikkers

Well, I come from Iceland... pretty nice...
=)

Checking in.

Post 7

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Hi Lesotho Pete,

as I mentioned earlier in the 'Kick off' conversation, I'm from Warsaw,Poland. I saw, you are from Lesotho: do you have any good tips for South Africa and Lesotho? I'm going there in June and as it will be a totally Terra Nova for me, I'm looking for good tips.

Kasia

Checking in.

Post 8

Random -Frequent Flyer- Dent

reporting in from California, in the United States of America, and the end of the world.*grin*

Checking in.

Post 9

Fate

I exist too! And I live in Britain, which used to be bigger on the maps of my youth. Put me down for one addition to the Britain section of the Where in the World article, ta.

Checking in.

Post 10

Is mise Duncan

Hi,

Questions on Lesotho:
Do they still run the "roof of Africa" rally? I sthe blue mountain pass hotel still in operation?
I was in school in Roma a good few years ago and have fond memories of pony trekking, hunting for dinosaur bones and terkking vast distances to get a look at a Lamgayar (sp?) nest.

I would have posted this on your home page, but you havent put in a resume yet. Cheers smiley - winkeye

Checking in.

Post 11

Abi

Thanks guys - I am updating the page now! smiley - smiley

Where I am from

Post 12

Anneke

I'm livin in Zittau, Germany. Zittau is just bearly in Germany, it could be Poland or Czechia as well.
I'm probably going too move to Berlin in a few weeks.
I grew up in Düsseldorf.

Checking in.

Post 13

Lesotho Pete

Duncan (Spear Carrier)

I'm new to this site so please excuse me if this reply is on the wrong conversation.

Firstly, how do I put a resume in my home page?

To answer your questions:

The Roof of Africa is still going strong. I did it on a bike in 1979 and 1984, and it's grown bigger, tougher and more expensive to compete in since then.

Blue Mountain Inn is not the place you remember. It used to be run by the Chaplains but is a bit run down now.

Pony trekking is still going with the Irish project situated just past Molimo Nthuse.

The Lammergeyer ( Lamb killer (Afrikaanse), or Bearded Vulture) is still around but getting rarer. I last saw it above the falls at Semongkong, and it is occasionally seen at Oxbow and Sani Pass.

When were you in Lesotho?

Cheers

Lesotho Pete

Checking in.

Post 14

Is mise Duncan

Putting a resume on your home page:
On the left hand side of your user page there is a button marked "Edit page". Clicking on this brings up an editing window which allows you to enter your own text.
Once you have your own user page set up, I can post a response to it there - perhaps we (and others who have been to Lesotho) could write a definitve guide to the place for h2g2? I remember it to be the most beautiful place I have ever lived - but whether this is the sepia toned warmth of nostalgia or fact is a different matter smiley - winkeye.

Where I am from

Post 15

Meistäää

Born in Kiel/Germany, raised all over the place incl. a couple of years in Texas, currently residing in Cologne/Germany. Obviously the "ae" in "Meistae" should be "a umlaut" (actually I prefer having it spelled with three a umlauts...), but then who knows which browsers and character tables y'all are using smiley - winkeye
My major project for the time being is working my way into IX, which should qualify for a section 8 in the US Army anytime (here's to Max Klinger!)

Where I am from

Post 16

Miss Desinagro (Saint of....)

Im from Bonnie Scotland, and proud of it!
where are all the french folk? i was hoping to practise my linguistic skills (i study french) but i cant, unless some of the rest of u speak the language??
Aurevoir

Where I am from

Post 17

RadiO

I'm from Wolverhampton, England. I still am. Tch.

Where I am from

Post 18

Dan

Pembrokeshire, Wales, UK. Very pretty, but as boring as...(insert expletive of your choice here smiley - winkeye)/

Where I am from

Post 19

Vestboy

I'm from Birmingham (UK) originally and now live in Uxbridge which is in a county which only exists on paper - Middlesex. This is to the west of London and about 5 mins drive from Heathrow Airport. Hello World!

Where I am from

Post 20

StAn (the one with an upper case 'a')

I live in France...
Bloing.

Key: Complain about this post