A Conversation for M2M2 - The H2G2 Lesbigay Area

pesronal space

Post 1

BeowulfShaffer

I revamping my personal space and am trying to decide if I should include that I am bisexual any thoughts?

pesronal space

Post 2

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

It's up to you. Do you want anyone who looks at your PS to know your sexuality? It's rather personal information and, while you may be happy to share it with anyone who comes in to m2m2 are you just as happy for anyone who happens to have a look at your PS to know outright?

smiley - cheers

pesronal space

Post 3

BeowulfShaffer

I'm not to sure. On one hand I want to raise awarness of bisexuality. On the other hand it is pretty personal and I don't want want it to define me even online.

personal space

Post 4

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

Well if you don't want it defining you then you're probably best leaving it off as there are many people who will use it to define who you are.

All I know about you is that you're bisexual and that you're probably a fan of Larry Niven stories and, to my mind the Larry Niven bit does more to describe you than your sexuality. However there are others out there who don't think like that.

smiley - cheers

personal space

Post 5

BeowulfShaffer

If you've read my ps you should also know that I'm a Heinlein fan which does do allot of the defining.

personal space

Post 6

You read any Harry Harrison? He wrote Make Room! Make Room! Which is a classic of science fiction. He also writes the Stainless Steel Rat books which are the finest comic sci-fi books I've ever read.

smiley - cheers

personal space

Post 7

BeowulfShaffer

No but he sounds good.

personal space

Post 8

It was your username which told me you like Niven, not your PS.

So you like economics?
To quote Scott Adams, "Economics taught me two things, something about supply and demand and boredom won't kill you, though sometimes you might wish it would"

smiley - cheers

personal space

Post 9

BeowulfShaffer

smiley - biggrin I did attucaly like the subject but mostly I liked having a class that looked very impressive(I got to take and pass AP Micro and Macro exams) while not actualy being that hard.

personal space

Post 10

Oh, well Scott Adams was an Econ major, so he probably had a few more classes than you did, I dunno how the US degree program works.

smiley - cheers

personal space

Post 11

BeowulfShaffer

Attucally it was a high school class but the AP test system means that most US and some foreing colleges will count it as a transfer credit or atleast let use it as a prerequisit for higher level econ classes.

personal space

Post 12

Oh, I thought you were older than that. We seem to have gone slightly off topic, oh well ne'er mind,eh?

smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more