This is the Message Centre for I'm not really here

So then.

Post 1

I'm not really here

Whoever runs this site is an absolute joke.

So then.

Post 2

You can call me TC

Sorry about that, Mina. It took me a while to work out what on earth had been modded. I read the post last night and it didn't even occur to me that someone could take it that way.

So then.

Post 3

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

I'm speechless.

So then.

Post 4

I'm not really here

I wouldn't mind if I had a chance to reply, but there never is. Other people can ask for things to be edited because, but I crack a joke and I'm accused of enciting hatred. smiley - sadface

And I expect this will vanish as although other people can discuss moderating I am not allowed to.

So then.

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I always arrive after the exciting [or terrible] stuff has happened, with no more idea of what to make of it than the Man in the Moon. This is mostly to do with my outsider status -- never been an ACE, editor, or other behind-the-scenes person here. There seems to be some turmoil, and to interpret it would require an idea of who he powers that be are, and what their philosophy [if any] is toward working with volunteers who don't have to come here if they feel unappreciated, as many seem to feel lately.

Why are you calling yourself "Not Really here"? I would have thought that you were not only harmless, but completely harmless. We need as much harmlessness as we can get.

I get that the place is changing, but as far as I can tell, it isn't a change toward having greater resources ort an expanding team of volunteers. There doesn't seem to be any money for hiring people to do what there aren't enough volunteers to do, so I would thought [silly me] that coaxing existing researchers into embracing change would be the inescapable goal.

No? What am I missing? smiley - sadface

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for I'm not really here

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more