A Conversation for The Cheshire Grin Inn

I WANT TO BE A REGULAR

Post 21

kittykat

Hello sidling Greebo, Do you remember me? smiley - smiley I am KittyKat ( that infamous, inveterate, interloper who snoops and swoops - but only with the purest and most benevolent of intentions). smiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrin May I ask my dear: exactly what are the qualifications required to enroll in your obviously splendid establishment? smiley - ok With the utmost of respect, (as only a fabulous, fantastic, friendly, furry, furious, fine, female feline can muster), I thank you for this consideration. I eagerly await your reply as I disappear into the fog..... on my little cat feet smiley - magicsmiley - fullmoon KAT

I WANT TO BE A REGULAR

Post 22

GreeboTCat

Hi kitty... ~Grin~... there are no qualifications in becoming a regular... just join a pub conversation and enjoy yourself... thats about it really...

I WANT TO BE A REGULAR

Post 23

kittykat

Sounds easy enough! smiley - ok Found out that two of my cyber friends (from the now defunct Welcome Lounge ) are registering for h2g2 - only a dozen or so more to track down! smiley - biggrin KK

I WANT TO BE A REGULAR

Post 24

Bassman - Funny how people never ceases to amaze me!

Hey KK, why don't you mosey on down to the cellar, some top tunes await your eager ears smiley - biggrin

Bassman smiley - cool

I WANT TO BE A REGULAR

Post 25

kittykat

Hey Bassman smiley - smiley How ye be today? smiley - biggrin Good I hope! smiley - ok What type of tunes are you playing smiley - flyhi ? kk

I WANT TO BE A REGULAR

Post 26

We're just jamming at the moment,as we haven't got a vocalist or drummer, but things are getting quite groovy!! smiley - smiley

Bassman smiley - cool

I WANT TO BE A REGULAR

Post 27

kittykat

Just took a quick tour of your site -gave me inspiration smiley - magic ! My intro is too long, too boring, too esoteric and NO FUN at all. smiley - sadface It really belongs in my journal smiley - ok as my cause truly is of paramount importance to me and others. Sooooooooo, I realize I have to do some homework and revamp. smiley - biggrin Any suggestions on the best way to do that? smiley - winkeye kk

I WANT TO BE A REGULAR

Post 28

Just had a quick peek again, it is heavy going, but I'm sure we can work it out together.

Do I assume it's written in straight text and not GuideML? In that case I also assume you've never had a go at GuideML?

I can give you a few simple lessons, I can't do the tuff stuff generally, I end up borrowing other researcher's code and modifying it to my own purpose.

Bassman smiley - cool

I WANT TO BE A REGULAR

Post 29

kittykat

No. I've never had a go at GuideML - on the list. smiley - smiley So much to do, so little time. smiley - laugh I simply must recall that secret formula for self-cloning! smiley - ok I posted to you at various places on your site - don't know if you caught them. Asked what you thought of the Ramones? Are they well-known in your neck of the woods? smiley - biggrin kk

I WANT TO BE A REGULAR

Post 30

I've got a Ramones album from the late 70's - Road To Ruin, fantastic. It's got a version of Needles and Pins on it!! Other than that I've not heard much of their stuff, not because I didn't like it though, I think my taste moved away from Punk and into Prog Rock shortly after smiley - biggrin

One of the band died recently - Joey I think smiley - blue

Bassman smiley - cool

I WANT TO BE A REGULAR

Post 31

kittykat

Yes - you are correct about Joey dying. smiley - cry The first anniversary of his death is April 15th. smiley - sadface I knew him. Some time ago, I became friends with his mother when we both worked for the U. of Mich. at the SRC in Manhattan. She's a sterling woman and extremely young. smiley - biggrin No one would ever know her true age. She must be around seventy now but honestly she acts and looks at least half that smiley - ok ! One of the nicest and most fun-loving people on the planet smiley - earth. Joey (whose real name was Jeff) was simply this regular guy who at times did some crazy things. (O.K. Well, lots of times, and lots of crazy thngs!). smiley - flyhi But his mother was his champion - and it was fascinating to me how she really was one of his best friends. When he was much younger she was the encouraging force behind him. It is somewhat reminescent of Steven Spielberg and his mom. I never particularly liked that type of music and Jeff knew that. But it didn't matter - he was understanding that different people have different tastes. I wish more folks could have known HIM. smiley - sadface

I WANT TO BE A REGULAR

Post 32

My sympathies for your loss. It's always hard to come to terms with a death. I remember when I was a kid - it just happened to oldies, now I'm a little older myself, I find it happening to people my age, which is a wee bit scary.

Bassman smiley - cool

I WANT TO BE A REGULAR

Post 33

GreeboTCat

YOU will not die Bassman... me wishes it... who will disobey ME?

I WANT TO BE A REGULAR

Post 34

I wonder if there's one of those witty sayings for Bass players, like for a golfer it would be:

Old golfers don't die - they just putt out.

And sound engineers:

Old sound engineers don't die - they just fade away.

I've no intention of leaving you all yet - especially you Greebs ~huggle~

Bassman smiley - cool

I WANT TO BE A REGULAR

Post 35

GreeboTCat

Oh... well... please don't worry me like that... me worries easily you know... and would not like it at all if something happened to you... in fact me would be very... very... put out... as me does wubble you very... very... much...

I WANT TO BE A REGULAR

Post 36

I don't know about ~wubble~ I've started to wobblo a lot more while running down staris I've noticed. I need to loose a few pounds, don't tell me not to run down stairs smiley - laugh

Bassman smiley - cool

I WANT TO BE A REGULAR

Post 37

That'll be wobble then smiley - doh

Bassman smiley - cool

I WANT TO BE A REGULAR

Post 38

GreeboTCat

Me not mind a cuddly you... me a very cuddly cat... so me won't go casting stones in glass houses... ~Grin~

I WANT TO BE A REGULAR

Post 39

That's very kind.

Bassman smiley - cool

I WANT TO BE A REGULAR

Post 40

GreeboTCat

~grin~... kindness does not cost me anything... and is given freely... with love...

Key: Complain about this post