This is the Message Centre for bobstafford

NaJoPoMo 2015 Bobstafford A Message in a bottle

Post 1

bobstafford

NaJoPoMo 2015 Bobstafford A Message in a bottle A Sunday sorting the loft

22. 11 2015

When we last moved we packed our important papers into boxes. This was done so we could take our time and sort and file them again when we settled in.
That was years ago smiley - facepalm

smiley - erm so we decided it's about time we finally got round to it, you know those jobs you wish you never started, this was one of those smiley - run.

1999 was the date on the first file, what is the point Quick check and in the shredder, and that was not the first load.

The shredder kept overheating that slowed us up considerably. We found old christmas and birthday cards, vaccination records for pets that are now a cherished memory, old photos, 100's of slides, boxes of negatives what a blessing digital photography is smiley - biggrin.

No its not a quick or easy job, when the novelty wears off, we shall stop and we will start again soon, real soon, just as soon as we can spare the time, if there is nothing better to do ......... one day possibly, if we can spare the time, just after christmas, if we can decide which christmas smiley - run

Post 2

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

Post 3

bobstafford

Hello Amy thank you for the visit smiley - blackcat

Post 4

Smudger879n

I got one of them scanners that means you can transfer them old slides, from the 70s onto your computer.

I did all twelve boxes of them, and even managed to improve them by editing.smiley - cool

You can even do "film negatives" using that scanner!

I'm finished with it now, think I will out it on EBay to sell it.smiley - winkeye
Any offer considered.

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Post 5

bobstafford

What scanner did you use smiley - biggrin

Post 6

Smudger879n

I don't know the name of it, but it transfers slides, and negatives on film, onto your computer.

I've finished with it now, as I've got all photos on my computer now smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Post 7

bobstafford

Have you ever tried a slide copier it is a type of tube lens with a daylight slide viewer on the endsmiley - smiley

Post 8

Smudger879n

I had a projector, but it broke? They are a lot easier to see now they are on the computer.smiley - cool

Besides, after I did a bit of editing on each one, they all look a lot better now.smiley - ok

They were all my photos from my Navy days back in the 70s.

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Post 9

bobstafford

All the more reason to do that book all those illustrations smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for bobstafford

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more