This is the Message Centre for bobstafford

NaJoPoMo 2015 Bobstafford Loft rummage and AA batteries (another wet day)

Post 1

bobstafford

NaJoPoMo 2015 Bobstafford A Message in a bottle

Loft rummage (another wet day)

I went up to get something in the loft today, and whilst up there I was joined by Willow our smallest cat. unable to evice the little c** I had to call for re enforcements. Having removed the trespasser I was informed that the loft needed a tidy (we had to shift things to dislodge her).

Set to tidying and during the tidy found an unopened box? we had packet it away over 2 years ago so in curiosity it was opened.There were books and papers mainly but the surprise find were 2 Fuji cameras.

Digital cameras and they still had their batteries in them, thinking them ruined they were turned on and they went into start up. Phew!

They bot took flat photos and worked perfectly. The surprising thing was one had best quality major brand set of 4, AA batteries. The others were a leading supermarkets own brand at half the price, is there a point here somewhere.

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

That is an excellent loft find smiley - biggrin

AA batteries are mysteries indeed. The test I did quite some years ago was with a battery powered pocket TV. I could get 6 hours of telly out of the standard version of the major brand, 3 hours out of the supermarket own brand, and only 4 hours out of the major brand "ultra version"...

Post 3

Smudger879n

I've discovered that if I remove the batteries from my digital camera when it's not in use, that the batteries last a lot longer?

I put in two brand new lithium ones, took around six pictures, then just put the camera away, the batteries were totally flat the next time I went to use it?

The present ones have lasted over a year now, and I've taken a lot if photos with it, but then I remove them when finishedsmiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Post 4

bobstafford

Cant do that Smudger with several cameras and flash systems they would all get mixed up.
Still its good to know how others manage.

Post 5

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for bobstafford

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more