A Conversation for Harry Potter

Help Please!

Post 1

Psybro

Okay, here is your chance to improve this Entry for when I submit it. Just post anything you think is missing from the Entry or anything you would like to add to this Forum. Kids, what do you think of the books? Adults, have you also enjoyed the books? Are you ashamed to be reading a kid's book, even if it is incredibly well written? Do you think the books are unsuitable for young children? I want to hear it all right here!

Help Please!

Post 2

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

Love the entry. And this 19year old is not ashamed to hit the kiddies section of the bookshop. They are currently my favourite books. And Goblet of Fire is possibly my favourite.
Just an idea - maybe you should put Sirius in the people list - just warn those who haven't read book 3 to skip it smiley - smiley

Help Please!

Post 3

Sylvia, pokémon trainer(with her Oddish)(Minister of emerald green, keeper of green magic)

Great entry. You put in just enough about everything. As for adults, I have teachers at school who love the books. And I think Goblet of Fire is by far the best, which is saying a lot.

Help Please!

Post 4

Wednesday Addams (sleeping, mostly)

On the subject of the Goblet of Fire (which is really, REALLY good), DON'T BE MEAN TO HUFFLEPUFFS! They may not be bright, but they're all nice people.
Anyway... the entry is great smiley - smiley

Help Please!

Post 5

rawaan

i'm 16 and i love the harry potter books, too. i'm not quite sure where their appeal lies, but i think it's partly to do with the fact that this entire wizarding world is placed in a time that we can identify with - none of these events happened 200 years ago, they happen each year as each new book comes out. i don't know, that's just me rubbishing. i also think it's partly because of the entire world-within-a-world thing, where the wizards apparently exist without the knowledge of Muggles. if i was younger i'd probably be on the lookout for wizards myself as we speak. smiley - smiley
oh, also - the Goblet of Fire probably is the best one. a bit more grownup, too. and even though it was that much longer, i got it for my 16th birthday this summer and finished it before 9 am the next morning... *grin*

Help Please!

Post 6

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

i read it (well nearly all of it) on a 3 hour plane trip smiley - smiley
Unfortunately I was 2 chapters odd from finishing when I was forced to move. Cruel People.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Harry Potter

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more