A Conversation for David Eddings: The Belgariad

Books

Post 1

Mimyal

I just searched on H2G2 to find out in what order to read these book, and more important which book is the FIRST one. Of these Belgarion books I mean. I read them a long time ago, when I was maybe about 15 and now I want to reread them and I cant figure out which books to buy and how many they are. Is there a comprehensive list somewhere that someone knows about? There SHOULD be one in H2G2 I think.

I often have this problem when wanting to buy and read a new series of any fantasy book. There are NORMALLY at least three books so that is what I count on most times, but I am sure the Eddings Belgarion books were more than that. Someone help?

Books

Post 2

Garthion of URAN

The Belgariad Series consists of FIVE books they are (IN ORDER)
1. Pawn of Prophecy
2. Queen of Sorcery
3. Magicians Gambit
4. Castle of Wizardry
5. Enchanterers end game
The second series of books were the Mallorean this is also a series of five books consisting of (IN ORDER)

1. Guardians of the West
2. King of the Murgos
3. Demon lord of Karanda
4. Sorceress of Darshiva
5. Seeress of Kell

There are currently three published Prequells to the series' these are
the rivan codex
Polgara the sorceress
Belgarath the Sorcerer

I have read all of the books and own all but one (the rivan codex) they are well worth the effort of purchasing them as they are an exelent couple of series of books and are perfect for getting non-readers into reading books which are good for them.

Books

Post 3

Mimyal

Thank you!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more