A Conversation for Time Dilation

TIME DIALATION IS A LOAD OF TOSH, IT'S OFFICIAL

Post 1

falafel waffeltush

Time dialation is all well and good, and having studied Physics I can say that I unserstand how it works, but it still is a load of old tosh.

We know the universe had a begining i.e. the much talked about big bang. But we do not know when it is going to end. It may be in 10 billion years during a 'Big Crunch' or it may expand may ever.

If we take the view that it may expand for ever and all units of time are just a fraction of time it self, than all units are fractions of infinty i.e infintesimally small which really means non existant. Therefore a second is equally as long as a minute or a millennium. Stetching a second has absolutely know effect as all time is non- existant.

There benefits of this are that we can never be late for work or to old to go clubbing.

I'm going to take the next ten years off, I'll be back tomorrow.

Post 2

MrCoulomb

You may very well say that, but I dilated time just the other week. But I didn't have a camera, and now we've passed time dilation season.

As for your actual arguments... Well, you may say time dilation is a load of rubbish until you actually start thinking of time as a dimension. Just because space is infinite doesnt mean you cant stretch a piece of it. Since it is infinite, in fact, unlike a rubber band you can stretch or compress one part of space without worrying about it being stretched or compressed at the other ends, because it has no ends. Same with the dimention of time. Time like space goes off infinitely into past and future, and dilating time for one object will not impact upon the whole fabric.

Post 3

Copperbard

A physist should understand that it is only perspective, the only real application is the results of the partical excelerators. as in E=mc2.

Post 4

Twophlag Gargleblap - NWO NOW

It sort of bugs me when physicists (like, say, Stephen Hawking) totally miss the point of relativity theory's full implications when discussing the universe as a macrocosm, discussing 'beginnings' and 'endings' as if there was some true universal clock. In doing so they are making the assumption that universal being is a subset of linear process, but in fact relativity rather clearly states that the inverse is the case... linear process is a subset of universal being. In other words the seperation of nodes of information organized into mass and energy by either distance or time is purely a function of the observer's perspective.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more