A Conversation for Teenage Depression

Small remedies

Post 1

RaL

A way to ease the less serious forms of teenage
depression is to consume lots of candy while listening
to any music you like (although it should preferably be of the more
happy-side-of-life-conserning kind) and reading a nice book (Something by Terry Pratchett or *Douglas Adams* usually did the trick for me).

Another way is to learn to play an instrument and join a band.
This could result in total disaster, but if you really play just for the fun of it and try not to get all to carried away about dreams of success and fame hopefully it won't.

These two has done the trick for me quite frequently, but I can only speak out of my own experience.

RaL

Small remedies

Post 2

Joppe_55

Well, some of it is right, especially the thing about playing an instrument can result in a disaster for the involved person.

But i also think that somethings are more fun than others, like candies... i just cant get enough of it smiley - winkeye

one hard thing about music, when you're in a teenage crisis, is the problem of finding your own music style if you hven't done it... i hadn't.

who is the best writer? DA or TP, just asking

Listen to the ark, it's great...

Small remedies

Post 3

MR HAPPY AND SOCIABLE (not)

TP is the best, DA is v. good but a bit STRANGE for me.

Small remedies

Post 4

Rincewiz

I think they both have unique styles and shouldn't be compared.

DNA writes about things he had on his mind for some time, finding the absurd element in it. A way of thinking, and writing, i can relate to.
He has more intelligent things that make you think.

TP kind of throws all these elements in his story, which has a core basen on a genre. All these element contribute to absurdacy to the verge of surrealism.

Small remedies

Post 5

mind tailor

blah, now I must read some TP.

(I've read *almost* all of DNA's work)

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more