A Conversation for Star Wars 1 - not that bad actually...

How to enjoy Episode I

Post 1

James Casey

The tremendous hype no doubt helped to make it disappointing to many, but here's my advice on how to enjoy it - and Episodes II and III...

Watch it more than once. I saw it four or five times, and each time it got better.

Think about it. How many times has the average person seen the three earlier films? At least three. They have known them for years. A lot of the people who saw The Phantom Menace grew up with Star Wars.

So how *could* Episode I compare? People were expecting to see something they had known for years, seen several times, were very familiar with. Because few can remember the experience of first seeing a Star Wars film - all they can recall is always knowing them.

How to enjoy Episode I

Post 2

The Fish

Good point...

But may I just add....: YODA WITH A LIGHTSABER!!!!! smiley - wow
smiley - fish

How to enjoy Episode I

Post 3

James Casey

Yes. OH yes. Went to a midnight showing last night. Slightly cheeky of Mr. Lucas, but wasn't that cool? The audience cheered as one as soon as his shadow appeared - we KNEW what was coming.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more