This is the Message Centre for Ginger The Feisty

ROUNDERS PARTICIPANTS

Post 161

vegiman:-)

And everybody enjoyed themselves except vegi who couldn't get there - snif.

I couldn't join you can you join me in an experiment - It's the critic Idea, and I put in:
My TWO PENNUTH
At:
http://www.h2g2.com/P120565
vegimansmiley - smiley

ROUNDERS PARTICIPANTS

Post 162

Peta

Are you spamming this site Vegiman ? smiley - winkeye

ROUNDERS PARTICIPANTS

Post 163

Ginger The Feisty

Yeah. Watch it because I am totally against spamming! smiley - smiley

ROUNDERS PARTICIPANTS

Post 164

Peta

Interesting link though. Will you forgive him Ginger. Hi how are you BTW.

ROUNDERS PARTICIPANTS

Post 165

Ginger The Feisty

I'm feeling a lot better now! I was joking about the spamming - Have you seen how many links I have to forums called "Social Event" ? We need to find a better way of notifying people of general things - like an e-mail system!

ROUNDERS PARTICIPANTS

Post 166

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

there needs to be some way of getting an offical endorsement going for them - like with the rounders.
Although a TDV person couldn't get to all the proposed events - just some kind of 'yeah thats a good idea, write a page and we'll put it up properly on the events page' type thing

ROUNDERS PARTICIPANTS

Post 167

Pastey

OK, I've found a way of getting a list of a LOT of researchers.
It's quite simple really, all you have to do is run a nickname search in the search the guide bit using that annoying symbol. This would get to a lot of people, but also to a lot of people who don't really use the guide much and might be in a different part of the world. Perhaps a better way would just be to spam any of the names that we see as logged on?smiley - fish

ROUNDERS PARTICIPANTS

Post 168

Ginger The Feisty

Basically i am going to keep a list of anyone who registered an interest or whose pages I spammed, then if anything is arranged by anyone else I can just send them the list!

ROUNDERS PARTICIPANTS

Post 169

I don't like SPAM or HAM, although I am a bit of a ham sometimes. It would be nice if we could have a link on the front page or some form of multiple postings. Alas those in charge do not answer serious questions about the future of h2g2. Perhaps when they know, we will know.

One thing is for sure - If Zach's Brainchild goes ahead or not - It will have succeeded in changing the face of h2g2 - The Gods have listened, learned and implemented or are about to impliment many of the suggestions put forward.

Vegimansmiley - smiley

ROUNDERS PARTICIPANTS

Post 170

Obscure

Don't dispair, Obscure is here, well in mind anyway, Not in body until October, The local pubs in North Cornawall have been warned. I will also be damned close to the Plymout Gin distillery. Sorry I'll miss the rounders, but my thoughts will be with you as you start the Civil War Part Deux.

ROUNDERS PARTICIPANTS

Post 171

Peta

A lot of other people have made similar comments about ways to change and improve things, Vegiman. Zach has certainly made some good comments. So have any awful lot of other people - because this is what all this is about smiley - smiley

Zachs

Post 172

Peta

It would also seem likely that they do actually have a well thought out and devised plan H2G2 development and progress. We may be able to help a bit with bugs, glitches and twiddly bits, but I don't think that are saying 'Christ look at this idea - never thought of that' to too many researchers' comments on stucture and development. I think this was all thought out very carefully a very long time ago.

Zachs

Post 173

Sorry If I gave the wrong impression. What I was trying to say is Zach's Idea brought a lot of people together and with almost one voice, Asked the powers to be to make up their minds as to the direction of h2g2.

Prior to that as they have admitted themselves - THEY DIDN'T KNOW - and gave very vague answers to FAQ's.

Everyone applauded Zach for bringing to a head, what most were thinking. This is not to decry the ideas and efforts that others have contributed since the start of the campaign.

h2g2 were looking for answers themselves. Now they have a few. Thanks to all who are participating in this venture.

vegimansmiley - smiley

Zachs

Post 174

Peta

Hi Zachs and Vegiman. No critisism of you two or the project... well done for good thoughts. smiley - smiley

Zachs

Post 175

Ginger The Feisty

Okay! I know it took a long time but I was ill and then the next weekend Freeserve was down but now we have done it - The rounders piccies are here at http://www.h2g2.com/a130979 . Enjoy!

Spamming again

Post 176

Sorry Ginger, but I am spamming again. Posting a message on as many forums as possible I.E.

Hey something is going on at:
http://www.h2g2.com/P130852
Join in on the FUN RUN and excersise your brain, you don't even have to leave your seat.

I Would Appreciate Everybody spreading the word around.

vegimansmiley - smiley

PS dont forget to see the Rounders pics at:
http://www.h2g2.com/a130979 .

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Ginger The Feisty

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more