A Conversation for Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, UK

Nick, I think we're on to something here.....

Post 1

Lisa the Freak // Poet by the Toga

smiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smiley

Post 2

Hold on hold on typo typo

" You may also
be able to take family in the back of the airoplane
Overall Cheltenham is s lovely town within easy
reach of beautiful countryside and ..."

SHOULD BE

" You may also
be able to take family in the back of the airoplane *FULL STOP*
Overall Cheltenham is *A* lovely town within easy
reach of beautiful countryside and..."

Sorry.

Post 3

Yeliab {h2g2as}

Congratulations... you've guessed it. I AM dyslexic! - complete pain to spell as well. I which I could type and spell properly.
Whan you say were onto something, do you mean this could be good enough to be put in the guide? I hope so, but it would be great if you could help.

I'd just submitted it unfortunatly so I can't change it now, hmmm. Below is the letter recieved when I first submitted it.

Dear Nicholas James,

As requested, we have surveyed your submission to The Guide entitled
"Cheltenham, England" and found it worthy of rejection.

It's a good start to an entry on Cheltenham, but I'm sure there's lots
more that could be said to help potential visitors to this beautiful city.
We'd be interested in an extended version of what you've written here, if
you'd like to write one and resubmit it.

Yours,

Mark Moxon.
Editor, h2g

I think it still needs more, if you have anything you can add to make it larger and more interesting that would be great. Do you know how to split it up when writing it, html etc, I have only now got the hang of titles but it really needs to be in paragraphs? You have a... ahhh, you are also a researcher for this article, cool, what does this mean? Great.

Don't Panic,

Nick

Post 4

Ummmmmmmmmmm I did NOT mean that. what I meant was that the whatsit.. editor.. would have - should have changed it.

No you haven't just submitted it. They have, yes Them. Coz otherwise it wouldn't have my name on it. I do not know why it has my name on there as none of that is mine! Odd.

Oh well.

Hey whatever became of our convos anyway?

Post 5

Peterb

Sorry I keep forgetting to check my page. Not good. I must think of more things to write for the guide.

Bye the bye yore site is amazing, it's got everything. How do you join H2G2 Christians?

Nick.

Yes this is me, just on our Laptop and so a different login.

Post 6

Peterb

I've just noticed that the said article does not appear in my list, or your list. Odd.

I didn't notice that your text changes colour. Cool.

Nick

Post 7

Thankyou smiley - smiley

The article's not on my page either anymore.. that's weird. Hmm.

Post 8

It's been changed again. Now my stuff is on it too. Plus it's more spaced out.

Post 9

Yeliab {h2g2as}

OK. Large, no vast amounts of puzzlement scralled across my face. What is going on? Really really freaky. Do you understand, has the guide been taken over by Vogons? Is it just quite cool and has realised that we both live here and have written about it and so combined it to make an entury. Is it now an official part of the guide?

Did you do all those really groovey sub headdings, or know how to do them? If so please tell me.

Pretty odd.

Do you know of any H2G2 astronomical groups?

What fun,
Nick.

Post 10

astornomical? as in astronomy or as in big?

H2G2 Christians.. I haven't got a clue how to join it's been so long since I've been there - just click on the link on my page and then go in one of the forums or something. That's what I did.

I've got a couple of societies too......the Younger Researchers' Rights campaign - oh no you're too old for that, haha. smiley - winkeyesmiley - winkeye But the Freaks you might want a look at.

For sub headings: use the following tags.
subject goes here

Do you realise how many h2g2 ppl come from Chelt? quite a few. And on Yahoo, there's at least 300 people there from Chelt.. No there's definitely more. gotta be. Oh, I don't know.

Why do I call Cheltenham 'Chelt'? Am I really that lazy or is it just an abbreviation I use?!? I don't know. But I typed that without realising. Odd.

It's not a proper Guide Entry yet because if it was you'd have recieve an email telling you that it has been approved (oh those happy happy emails). Plus it would say on your page. And mine.

Wow that's one of the longest posts I've done in a long time. Why do I have more to say to people I don't often talk to? Shouldn't it be the other way round?

Or am I jst blabbing on about nothing in particular and ow my hand hurts I shouldn't type so much! OW!

Post 11

Yeliab {h2g2as}

Ah, astronomical, yeah that's it. I'm really great at typing! Yeah right.

I'll try those headdings soon, (when I get back from lunch), the entry does look nice.

And I thought that Cheltenham was just a boaring old town in the heart of the cotswolds. Hmmmm.

I have now been to Freaks and Christians as you will see from my name! I am a freak and I'm proud of it. I see you got ICQ but have you now deleted it? If not what's your number?

I'm off to think of something good to write about, well in amongst all the revision I MUST do. Ahhh, school.

Yeliab

Post 12

I'll add your name to the Freaks list then. smiley - smiley

My ICQ number was 62326192. As I say I'm gonna download it on my new computer when I get that (not long now, oooh excitement rules over all).

Ah well.

Hey tell me why I haven't seen you round these forums lately?

Post 13

Yeliab {h2g2as}

OK, i've requested authorisation. You do know that when you load it onto your new comp you can just pop in your number and password and you will bee the same account. Saves time. I'm 34120041 but it'll automatically come up.

The main reason that I have -had- been away for ages is the blasted A-level moduals. (that and I completely forgot about it -oops!) But I'm back and as soon as it's HT i'll write an article. Plus I also want to set up an online research experiment. It involves looking at weather people look at others as a reflection. i.e. if I say you have a piece of food on your cheak and point to my left will you think it's on your right? I could really do with more people gathering info as I'm starting to get funny looks from people when I reppetitivle do it!

Anyway it seems the guide is really taking off. Great.

See ya,
Nick

Post 14

Yeah I know:
"zoe you have ink on your cheek" (lisa points to left cheek) (zoe rubs vigourously at her right cheek.)
"jo you've got an enormous spot" (lisa points to left cheek) (jo pokes right cheek)
"mum you've got chocolate on your face" (lisa points to left side of mouth although the chocolate is on the right) (mum licks left side. DOH!)

You can never tell with some people. smiley - smiley

Ok I'll add you as soon as I get the new comp. Which could be very soon seeing as we are going to the shop tomorrow rather than waiting for mail order. Woohoo! smiley - bigeyes

And will you join my protest about the http:www2.h2g2.com/images/f_bozo.gif smiley not being in the forums?

Hopefully someday this : smiley - tongueout will become a ickle picture smiley - smiley

Post 15

Yeliab {h2g2as}

Ahh grovey, where do I sign?

Cool, a new comp! Horah.

Nick

Post 16

Haven't quite set anything up JUST yet. But maybe soon.
Yes, a petition. A petition!

*grins as more brilliant thoughts come to mind!!!!*

*sobs as she forgets them*

Post 17

Yeliab {h2g2as}

Is there anything special to setting them up or just a bog standard entery? If so I'll do on (in HT - not long now just one more 7.5 hour exam!!!!!!!!!!) lowering internet bills. The government would like to so we can help.

Oh the wow. I hate exams! Ahhhhh.

- runs screaming through house hitting occasional doors as glases are broken and currently with optition! -

Nick

I'm not mad, honnest.

Naaa, course I am! Well, I prefer dullaly!

Post 18

Yeliab {h2g2as}

I could do with some help. I've tryed updating my page and it sort of went wrong! I got the idea of the headers and that's worked OK but benieth each I'd like a bold bit and then the text. It's done att the bold bits in one huge lump at the top and then repeated them in normal type in each subsection. Do you know what it is that's gone wrong?

Nick

Post 19

Yeliab {h2g2as}

Hold on a mo, I think I may be getting the hang of this. It's fun! HT horah, I should be able to spend some time on this then.

Nick

Post 20

Bronze Hedgehog

you're right.
I've just (metaphorically) bumped into skoobyand saw she was from Cheltenham.

good article by the way

Duncan !8 ' )

Key: Complain about this post