A Conversation for Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, UK

Cheltenham

Post 1

Livzy

Mr (late) Grampy and (still alive) Nanny are in Charlton Kings which is a kinda suburb of Cheltenham and I have many happy childhood memories of the place. It's really picturesque and thasurrounding places are lovely too. Take a trip to the model village at Bourton-On-The-Water and visit the House of the Tailor of Gloucester in (surprise, surprise) Gloucester and you have not lived until you eat some real Cotswold ice cream. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.... Ice Cream Heaven.


Cheltenham

Post 2

Yeliab {h2g2as}

Cool, you lived in CK? I live there right now (always have) right by the 2 schools (Balcaras and CKJS) and last week my Grand Parents moved here.

Nick


Cheltenham

Post 3

Livzy

I have never lived there myself but used to visit a lot. Fond (& drunken) memories of "The London" at the top of my grand-parents road.
A fine pint and good fod as well as a rather gorgeous young blonde barmaid that used to work there!!!


Cheltenham

Post 4

Livzy

"fod" should have been "food" obviously!!


Cheltenham

Post 5

Yeliab {h2g2as}

Are you any relation to a teacher at St. Edwards School are you?


Cheltenham

Post 6

Livzy

No


Cheltenham

Post 7

Researcher 114005

You were either very drunk, much older than me, have poor taste, or need a new prescription for your spectacles.
I am a regular at the London Inn, and a can state categorically that it has never (at least not in the last fifteen years) employed any gorgeous barmaids.


Cheltenham

Post 8

Yeliab {h2g2as}

Well, each to his own tastes I suppose... I don't go there so don't have any particular tastes!


Cheltenham

Post 9

Livzy

Drunk probably
Poor Eyesight perhaps
Older than you maybe

But I'm SURE there was at least one half decent barmaid there!!!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more