A Conversation for Cheese and the Ever-shrinking Lunch Break

cheese cultures

Post 1

belty

Is this cheese/lunch break entry about Americans? The selection of cheeses sounds American to me.
As a Brit in the USA, I miss British cheese, especially Stilton, Bowland, Wensleydale, and Quicke's Farmhouse Cheddar - American cheeses are all so much milder. In fact, they all seem like variations on a very mild cheddar, except that for some reason Cheddar is orange in the USA, and a bit gummy.
I think we should have a lunchbox survey here:
1) your country
2) your favourite cheese
3) what have you got for lunch
4) and how long is your lunch break?

cheese cultures

Post 2

AlishaCatherine

I'm from the US, and my favorite cheese is probably jack cheese with the pimentos and peppers in it. My favorite cheese on steak is gorgonzola. I am a high school student, so my lunch lasts for less than 30 minutes. I go to my grandparents' house for lunch usually, and have whatever is available there...cheddar and crackers are common, also fruit and pasta.

cheese cultures

Post 3

Jazzmonkey

mmmmmmm, cheese.........

As a veritable fromage-ophile, I am sad to say that I am exiled by work from the good old UK, and it's delectable range of dairy produce.

I'm in Germany, and while Europe undoubtedly has things to offer the old global cheeseboard, well, to be honest, they often seem a bit, err, wimpy.
Give me a hunk of mature cheddar or a lump of cheshire every time!

As for today's lunch arrangements: A couple of pieces of Comté (French, from Franche-Comté - nice and flavourful, a notable exception to the above statement), two yoghurts, two apples, and two slices of dark, nutty bread.

And it should be an hour, but inevitably it will be halved by the demon lord, Commerce. Grrrrrr!

mmmmmmmmmm, mature cheddar.........(Daydreaming)

Jazz

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more