This is the Message Centre for Archangel Tweetie (01/06/02...)

Buffy

Post 1

Arwen

Hi Tweetie
How great to finally find another Buffy fan. It gets a bit tiring to try and explain to non BTVS watchers just why it's so good without sounding so sad as to border on tragic. Who's your favourite character/episode?

Arwen

Buffy

Post 2

Archangel Tweetie (01/06/02...)

What series are you on so I don't spoil? Or so you don't spoil me (Brit or American?).
Favourite character: Xander without a doubt!
Favourite episode: yikes, to do it properly I need to split it into "comedy" and "drama" but,
S1: Probably Prophecy Girl with OOMOOS coming in second
S2: Oh boy, probably ummmm, Becoming Part 2 but then again maybe not...
S3: Well, I've only seen Anne up to this point so it's impossible to say however-
S4: I'm up to Goodbye Iowa on this so HUSH!!!!! without any hesitation!
There you go, now tell me yours *g*

Buffy

Post 3

Arwen

Hey, I like Xander too, I suspect he's really quite underrated. I'm not very good at picking favourites in anything; I suppose what I really like about it is the way it keeps developing and moving forward without getting stale or cliched. But I think my favourite is probably the one where Miss Calendar was killed by Angel (sorry, forgotten the title, terrible memory), and generally that whole last part of the second series where it got an awful lot darker. I've only seen as far as Anne (UK viewer without satellite/cable) and none of the spin off at all.

Arwen.

Buffy

Post 4

Ok, I'm also on 3rd season but I'm also halfway through the 4th (got the box just as the 4th started *phew*).
The eppie's called Passion and it would go near the top of mine too but like I said, I'd have to divide them into comedy and drama!
I would totally agree with you about Xander being underrated, and it gets worse in the 4th season. Fortunately everyone's been going so mental about it that it looks like Joss'll rectify this in the 5th season *yey!*.
Ok, next question *g*- favourite couples?

Buffy

Post 5

Arwen

That's much easier; Xander and Cordelia, just because it's humorous and quite zingy - I love the banter. The rest are a bit too soppy, especially Buffy and Angel - it was more fun when he was the mysterious stranger at the start, and then later when he lost his soul, all a bit too much mooning around on the whole in between (minor quibble really). Haven't really seen enough of Willow and Oz to decide, but they're both pretty quirky, so I imagine they could be quite good fun. And not forgetting the vampires, Spike and Drusilla were pretty entertaining, particularly when it wasn't so much a couple but a trio with Angel. I'm hoping they might make a come back.

Arwen.

Buffy

Post 6

Oooh, I could really spoil you here. Ok, skip this bit if you don't want to be....
SPOILERS

Spike returns for an eppie in S3 (and breaks up X/C Grrr). Then he comes back in S4 for a crossover to Angel before finally returning as a regular (at bloody last) later on in the series. Dru hasn't been seen since Becoming but there are rumours for next year and a big crossover eppie.

END SPOILERS

Ditto on X/C, although I love Anya too. Willow and Oz are great- well until... no I won't tell you smiley - winkeye
I loved Spike and Dru but I'm a major S/W shipper (I can dream...) and Angel is infinitely better on his own show. Actually, one of my favourite ever Angel moments is one from NKABOTFD (S1 Buffy).
Willow and Xander are trying to persuade Buffy to come with them and leave Owen behind. She says "Bite me" and the camera cuts to Angel with a kind of half smile on his face. I didn't register this until I rewatched them after getting the S1 boxset and now it's one of my favourite moments in the whole season!

Buffy

Post 7

Arwen

I can see I'm going to either save my pennies for the videos or persuade the people who love me that box sets would be the ideal gift for me if I'm to keep up! And most of them already think I'm pretty sad because of the vast number of Friends vids I possess, oh and X Files too. What can I say, I have passions.

Arwen.

Buffy

Post 8

I hate TXF but I own every singe Friends video. My wonderful father always buys them for me! 24th April for the next boxset!

Buffy

Post 9

Arwen

You're way ahead of me, I just have the first two series of Friends and a couple from the third and fifth. Fab show, though I thought series five was a bit patchy. Phoebe and Chandler rule!

Arwen.

Buffy

Post 10

S6 starts off pretty slow but gets really, really good fast. Even my parents are corpsing at it so it must be good.
Ditto about P and C- although I love Monica too smiley - smiley

Buffy

Post 11

Arwen

I'm glad to hear it, though I thought the end of S5 set up a pretty promising idea with Ross and Rachel married like that. Could be fun.

Arwen.

Buffy

Post 12

Oh... disappointment's coming your way smiley - sadface
I was getting soooo bored of the ballad of R&R anyway. Monica and Chandler are much better smiley - smiley

Buffy

Post 13

Arwen

I agree, I loved all the secrecy of their relationship at the start of S5. Are they writing better storylines for Phoebe in S6? I think she's been dreadfully underused in the last series, it was like, had triplets, nothing more to do with her.

Arwen.

Buffy

Post 14

I so agree. I had heard rumours of a big relationship for her but so far... nope. She's still just there to provide the weirdness.
Oh hang on, I'm forgetting something but it kind of ruins something else very important- do you really wanna know?

Buffy

Post 15

Arwen

No! Ah! Don't spoil it for me! No no no! I can really wait.

Arwen.

Buffy

Post 16

Are you sure...
smiley - winkeye

Buffy

Post 17

Arwen

Oh yes, I'm quite happy in my blissful ignorance. smiley - smiley

Arwen.

Buffy

Post 18

K. Good news- there is a Pheebs centric eppie in S5! An it's a very good one smiley - smiley
I cannot believe the BBC- taking Buffy off until the 4th of May! I mean, just when things were hotting up and all. My head may explode in frustration...
smiley - sadface

Buffy

Post 19

Arwen

I know, it's really annoying. And I know you dislike the X files, but they keep doing it to that as well, you end up missing half the series because you never know what week it's actually on. smiley - sadface

Arwen.

Buffy

Post 20

Yeah, didn't they take it off for 8 weeks at one point? (I don't like the thing but I'm one of those scary media obsessed people who tends to know what's going on smiley - winkeye)
My sod of a father refused to let us watch Buffy or Angel last night and so I'm gonna have to wait until next week for my fix. Although *lightbulb* the S2 2nd boxset is out on Monday (woo-hoo!)
And, breaking news, the S3 boxset is out in June apparently (even more woo-hoo!).
Ah, the simple joys of being a fan smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post