A Conversation for Counselling

Questions about oaks

Post 21

Bluebottle

What would it take to secure enough oaks in Britain:
Prevention of forests such as Newbury being bulldozed to make way for motorways, and instead, motorways bulldozed to make way for forests.
What would be enough oaks:
Very tricky question - probably to have more trees in Britain than houses & buildings. Not that unreasonable a request as trees are smaller and take up less room, yet do more good, prevent deserts etc.

And okay, you can write the oak article if you must.

Questions about oaks

Post 22

KimotoCat

No-no-no, I think you should write it. If it does you good? Perhaps you should head it something like 'British Oak' in order not to cover to great a gap?

Questions about oaks

Post 23

Bluebottle

I'd love to... I've just got to find out all the appropriate information out first.

Questions about oaks

Post 24

KimotoCat

Cool!

Questions about oaks

Post 25

Bluebottle

Although I think you may well be more qualified...

Questions about oaks

Post 26

KimotoCat

You have as much chance as I do - everything I know about oaks is gathered in the reply I gave you earlier. Everything else I had gathered was lost with my trusty but rusty harddisc.
But if you need advice when writing it, get back to me.

Or should we simply do it together? I could download the stuff I wrote to you and see what I can make of it?

You suggest something.

Questions about oaks

Post 27

Bluebottle

I suggest that we simply do it together as at the moment it seems that my article writing plans are being annoyingly intercepted. smiley - sadface

Questions about oaks

Post 28

KimotoCat

Oh... Has it happened to other subjects too?

Tell me about it. After all, I AM the counsellor! smiley - smiley

Questions about oaks

Post 29

Bluebottle

I wrote my Beatles articles, and I wrote one about the Railways on the Isle of Wight, but I cannot find accurate and reliable information on Victorian Fortification on the Isle of Wight. They've all got it wrong. smiley - sadface

Questions about oaks

Post 30

KimotoCat

They? Who?

Questions about oaks

Post 31

Bluebottle

The so-called experts who write books about what there is and what there isn't. I've been to all the forts on the Isle of Wight, and I've seen them for myself. I know what's there - yet some guys who spend all day in armchairs writing what they've heard from some books have no idea about the reality of what they're saying.

Questions about oaks

Post 32

KimotoCat

Perhaps they, too, need counselling...

*Ponders*

Naaaah, lost case!

Questions about oaks

Post 33

Bluebottle

That's true.

Questions about oaks

Post 34

KimotoCat

Yup!

Questions about oaks

Post 35

Captain John Carter

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- somebody help me!

pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssse.

smiley - winkeyesmiley - sadfacesmiley - smileysmiley - sadface

Consider:

Can I have my own string too, or should I keep posting to everybody elses?

smiley - bigeyes

Questions about oaks

Post 36

KimotoCat

Dear Captn.

Naturally you can have your own string. And as you seemingly do not have what it takes to start one yourself, I suggest that you go to the newly created one called "Captain on Bridge" and rant on for some time.

When I consider your ranting to be enough for a basic diagnosis, I shall return to you there.

Untill then, have a nice time.

Your nice counsellor

-KimotoCat

Questions about oaks

Post 37

Captain John Carter

OK.

See ya there. Or is that hear you there or write you there or keyboard you there or...

smiley - winkeyesmiley - sadfacesmiley - smiley

Questions about oaks

Post 38

KimotoCat

When you have figured that out for yourself, we'll be getting somewhere!

Questions about oaks

Post 39

Bluebottle

Am I cured?

Questions about oaks

Post 40

KimotoCat

With a name like that? Nope.

Let's talk about this.

Key: Complain about this post