A Conversation for Object-oriented Programming

The BEST OO language

Post 1

Jack O' All Trades

Which language is "Best" of course depends on the problem, programmer and platform. But while I'm on the soapbox let me put in a good word for IBM's Object Rexx. Rexx is one of the easiest programming languages to learn, its syntax is very close to english. Object Rexx is available for OS/2 Windows 95/98/NT/2000, linux etc. It also comes with a GUI development package that is the easiest to use that I have ever seen ( in 40 years of programming ).

The BEST OO language

Post 2

Martin Harper

I never liked Rexx myself, and it didn't seem very OO, either. But then I was using unobject rexx, in text mode, so... smiley - winkeye

The BEST OO language

Post 3

diego001

Although I have only seen a couple of OO languages, the one I like the most so far is Smalltalk.
In my opinion that is the best. If you have a fast connection, you should probably go to
[url removed by moderator]to see the Squeak implementation of Smalltalk and see what I mean...
Really neat stuff.....

The BEST OO language

Post 4

dysprosia

C# isn't bad
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A734852

The BEST OO language

Post 5

johnnybmetal

Meh. I'd say Python or Java. Python, if you don't want to be forced into OO, Java if you hate functions.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more