A Conversation for 2nd Annual H2G2 Bikini Competition

I belong to Floor 42 AND h2g2 - but Project Galactic Guiders and ZZ9ers are scum

Post 21

Amanda

How about if you simply ask Peta or Mark to put a link to the competiton on the Front Page. That'll draw attention to the runnings from ALL groups on here, and may make things a little more fair for those contestants who don't run in packs like some of us? smiley - winkeye

I belong to Floor 42 AND h2g2 - but Project Galactic Guiders and ZZ9ers are scum

Post 22

Bluebottle

Very good idea - we'll see what can be done.
Don't suppose you'd like to suggest it? That way it'll show that everything's forgiven.

The trouble with the box-voting thing I used last year was that:
1.) You could only have a maximum of 20 people entered.
2.) Very occasionally the thing crashed, and sometimes if you voted and it crashed, it would not register the vote unless you voted again.
3.) Ripley does not support GuideML that well - which is why the old Bikini Competition page doesn't work. smiley - sadface

So, I have to think of a better way to record votes for this year - I was thinking of just having a voting forum, which H2G2 researchers can post their votes to. And I just hope no-one plural-votes.

<BB<

Post 23

Bluebottle

Very good idea - we'll see what can be done.
Don't suppose you'd like to suggest it? That way it'll show that everything's forgiven.

The trouble with the box-voting thing I used last year was that:
1.) You could only have a maximum of 20 people entered.
2.) Very occasionally the thing crashed, and sometimes if you voted and it crashed, it would not register the vote unless you voted again.
3.) Ripley does not support GuideML that well - which is why the old Bikini Competition page doesn't work. smiley - sadface

So, I have to think of a better way to record votes for this year - I was thinking of just having a voting forum, which H2G2 researchers can post their votes to. And I just hope no-one plural-votes.

<BB<

Post 24

Amanda

I'll get on it and we'll see what Peta says. smiley - smiley

Post 25

Bluebottle

Okay, thanks a lot. smiley - smiley

Removed

Post 26

what you know as km

This post has been removed.

Post 27

Bluebottle

Thanks Someone - I'm sure there was more somewhere else, but I'm not sure exactly where. smiley - smiley

Voting issues

Post 28

Bluebottle

Jaunty Amanda & Peregrin, and anyone else interested, could we continue this discussion regarding "how to vot" here: http://www.h2g2.com/F29299?thread=86164

I belong to no one

Post 29

Kate

I gotta say, the last five minutes have proven to be a surreal experience.

I'm glad everything worked out, I really am. smiley - smiley

Removed

Post 30

Bruce

This post has been removed.

I belong to no one

Post 31

Bluebottle

Are you entering, Kate?

And Bruce - can I use those pitures to discourage people from entering DNA? smiley - winkeye

I belong to no one

Post 32

Bruce

Sure you can - they're not mine to forbid - they're from the HHGTTG TV show smiley - winkeye

;^)#

"DO NOT ENTER DOUGLAS ADAMS FULLSTOP"

Post 33

Bluebottle

Thanks Bruce. smiley - winkeye

Post 34

Bruce

HRASC might want the pics as some sort of defacto approval of their campaign too smiley - winkeye

;^)#

Post 35

Bluebottle

Now that's a GREAT idea!!! smiley - smiley

<BB<

"DO VOTE FULLSTOP"

Post 36

Bluebottle

Voting in the competition is now open at:
http://www.h2g2.com/A480449
So go over there, and start winning support NOW! smiley - smiley

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more