A Conversation for Rules for [Writing About] Time Travel

totally unrelated to my and RA's conversation.... :-)

Post 41

Amy: ear-deep in novels, poetics, and historical documents.

Aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiison!!!!! Don't leave! Okay, well, leave if you want, I'll always be there to torture you at school. smiley - smiley

Females have more interesting screen names...? I don't know, seems to me that most of the guys on h2g2 have more interesting names than the girls... at least, those I can tell which they are. But I'm rambling....

Post 42

Roasted Amoeba

Interesting names seem to be equally distributed, I think, between male and female.

As long as nobody else has the audacity to call themselves Roasted Amoeba, then I shall be happy... smiley - smiley

Post 43

They wouldn't dare! If they do, I'll personally sack them for ya. smiley - smiley

(unfortunately, I did a h2g2 search for my name one day and found about thirty permutations in the users of h2g2. smiley - sadface)

Post 44

Roasted Amoeba

I just did a quick search, and I am pleased to say that you are the ONLY Amy with a cross after your name... smiley - smiley

Post 45

hehehe... I'm an in-di-vid-U-al. Speciale. Or something like that, I think... so I've been told... smiley - smiley

Post 46

Roasted Amoeba

Oh yes. You most definitely are. smiley - smiley

Post 47

Thank-ye much, kind sir. smiley - smiley

Post 48

Roasted Amoeba

Everybody is equal... just some are more equal than others... smiley - smiley

And everybody I know is special. Including my pet cheese.

Post 49

That Napoleon the Pig guy... he had some rather interesting ideas, didn't he? smiley - winkeye

I really ought to read the book (I only know about it because we briefly studied Russia/communism in my history class last year and a discussion of that book/several movies based on the book were necessary).... smiley - smiley

Post 50

Roasted Amoeba

Ah right. Well, I have to admit I haven't read it... yet...

And that's about the only quote I know from it.

Erm... we are talking about George Orwell's "Animal Farm", aren't we...? smiley - winkeye

Post 51

Sure are.

Personally I want to read 1984... the bad animation in the Animal Farm movie kinda turned me off to it entirely.

Post 52

Researcher 55674

Bad animation? That was a classic. Almost up there with Watership Down.

Post 53

Roasted Amoeba

I bought 1984 about two years ago. And I still haven't read it. Woops.

Post 54

ddombrow... maybe we're not talking about the same cartoon one? perhaps? I have no idea. I watched it in my World Cultures class last year, and what I saw was pretty bad. It got the point across, though, which is really the whole idea, right?

RA... I was looking for 1984 at the bookstore at the strip mall a few streets over last weekend... I couldn't find it!! It just disappeared off the face of the earth! I need to read it, I've heard it's very interesting. Huxley's 'A Brave New World' too. Both seem very unusual and different.

Post 55

Roasted Amoeba

Ah well then, when I've finished reading it I'll send it to you if you like... smiley - smiley

Post 56

Haha, perhaps. smiley - smiley

Post 57

Skie

just thought i'd but in smiley - smiley

1984 and A Brave New World are both really good books (tho i think 1984 is a bit too hopeless and Brave New World is a bit too sci-fi for my taste, but hey...). Amy-- i'm sure they have them in our library at school (i think that's where i got at least one of them).

ok, i'm done.

Post 58

yeah, I think you were the one who first told me about them. I'll have to check if they're in the library if I have time (time! what a novel idea!)

But of course, you know how i like sci-fi and hopeless... at least in books for the last one... smiley - smiley

Post 59

Skie

and i'm sure you meant that clever pun on "novel idea" right? smiley - smiley

Post 60

um, actually, i didn't try that one...

but my dad is the Pun King of the world, so I guess it's understandable that I would do such a thing. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more