A Conversation for The Don't Panic Help Centre

Silly Question

Post 1

The_Hopeful_Hitchhiker (aka Researcher 200474, or H3)

I have a silly question:

Where is the "DON'T PANIC" picture?? Can I put it on my page? Thanks!

The_Hopeful_Hitchhiker (aka Researcher 200474, or H3)
smiley - fairysmiley - elfsmiley - wizardsmiley - magic

Silly Question

Post 2

David R. Litwin

Hello. I'm Presently and I think I have the answer for you.

Since I see you know GuideML, I'll give you the Blob-Number, and, if you need further information, I'll be happy to give it to you. The number is: B779940.

Does this answer your question?

Silly Question

Post 3

Swoosh - maker of puddings, keeper of dribbly pets, known for disappearing frequently

aahh!
I was about to ask that exact same question!

Silly Question

Post 4

Swoosh - maker of puddings, keeper of dribbly pets, known for disappearing frequently

I don't understand how to get the don't panic sign. smiley - crosssmiley - sadface

Silly Question

Post 5

David R. Litwin

My good sir or madam, are you using GuideML?

Silly Question

Post 6

i don't think so but I have seen a little option thingy for it i think. it may have been my imagination...
im a madam. why do you have such an enormous name?

smiley - biggrin

Silly Question

Post 7

David R. Litwin

Firstly, the easy: "Why do you have asuch an enourmous name?" Because incompassed some where in all that mesh are my titles. To find out more, click on the name and scroll down until you find the part that says And Now A Bit About My Titles. Incidentally, that was all written using GuideML.

Secondly, you did indeed see it at the of the update page.

However, before you click on it, you should get a little familliar with GuideML (unless, of course, you understand HTML). If not, there is a lovely clinic at: A187229. There, you'll find out all about it. But, I'll spare you that for now and give you a crash course in it. You'll get used to it after a while.

GuideML is like a language. It is, actually. It is a way to make things on a computer that it will actually understand. So, instead of saying I want some big red letters, you would type in: Big red letters. Now, you're probably saying: "What the devil is that?" If so, let's analize it.

Wait. Before I go on, do you know GuideML?

Silly Question

Post 8

sort of yes. i do understand it a bit. i did it a bit at school. is it like writing out the smileys or is it more complicated to get the dont panic?

Silly Question

Post 9

David R. Litwin

It's almost considerably harder. smiley - smiley But, DON'T PANICK! It can be mastered, with time, patience and practise.

So, on to the analysis.

Silly Question

Post 10

David R. Litwin

Ok. The first bit is the size you want the letters to be. So, we start off with the ... tag. In there, I put SIZE="3". This means that the size of the letters will be three. If you wanted it to be 4 (a bit larger), you'd put text here. Does this make sense?

The colour part is this: Red Text
So, together it makes: .

Does this make sense?

Silly Question

Post 11

yeah it makes sense but i have to get off in a minute so i can't do it for now. thanks for all the help so far.smiley - cheers

Silly Question

Post 12

David R. Litwin

That's ok. I'll keep going and you can read on.

Now, I'll explain syntax.

A tag (excapt a few but don't worry about those yet) always goes like this: .... So, if we have text in bold letters, it would be Bold Text For a complete set of things you can put in, visit the link I gave you above.

When you click on the option at the end of the update page, you will see it comes up again, only, at the biginning and end it will have a GUIDE and BODY tag. These should never be touched, unless you want the thing to get upset and then you have to figure out the problem (which can be exasperating if you have a lot of stuff).

So, if you click on the following link, it will be what your page would be in GuideML along with explanations. A805718. That should give you an idea. I've added the DON'T PANICK sign at the very end.

Key: Complain about this post