A Conversation for The Aces' Home Page

Updating 'h2g2 in a nutshell'

Post 1

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

As quite a few Aces use h2g2 in a nutshell A8468742 in your welcome messages I thought I'd ask your advice as to what changes this page needs.

I see <./>Photographers</.> is not there, that's one to add, plus what Skankyrich has been working on recently, beeblecast...

Any more suggestions please...smiley - smiley

Emmily
smiley - bluebutterfly

Post 2

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

smiley - rolleyes this really is a day for me to be hiding under small rocks - at least I've got some nicked scones with cream and jam to nibble on - <./>Photographers</.> is on the page. smiley - blush

Emmily
smiley - bluebutterfly

Post 3

aka Bel - A87832164

Well, you should really link to the h2g2 AViators omepage at: A13264670

Because that's where the Beeblecast is included. smiley - ok

Post 4

Hmm then I need to know what the AViators are about too (jeez I'm out of touch smiley - rolleyes), I'll go grab Rich smiley - run

smiley - yikes I've just this second realised I missed my 6th hootoo anniversary on March the 12th -------- I didn't have any smiley - cakesmiley - wah

Emmily
smiley - bluebutterfly

Post 5

Updated to include Aviators & Beeblecast

Anymore suggestions?

Emmily
smiley - bluebutterfly

Post 6

aka Bel - A87832164

smiley - wow - you're really out of touch. smiley - biggrin

Where did you get that bit about the Beeblecast?
The h2g2 aviators have their own website now

http://www.h2g2aviators.com

and the Beeblecast is included there. The Beeblecast isn't a group of its own, it's produced by the aviators, as is the Guidecast. You'll find everything on the aforementioned website. smiley - ok

Post 7

aka Bel - A87832164

Oh, before you're confused: the aviators have their homepage here on h2g2 - it's just the video and audio clips which are hosted on the external website. smiley - ok

Post 8

'Oh, before you're confused' too late, I'm smiley - bleep confused smiley - rofl and what's the Guidecast smiley - headhurts

ok, never mind, maybe Rich can explain, but do it as if you're talking to a three year old, I just might understand it then smiley - doh

The sentence I've used for Beeblecast I got from Rich, if that's what you mean Bel smiley - smiley

Emmily
smiley - bluebutterfly

Post 9

Fizzymouse- no place like home

A belated happy birthday Emmily .... have some smiley - cake anyway and a smiley - bubbly

It's never too late to celebrate.smiley - cheers

smiley - mouse

Post 10

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

*leaves special smiley - cupcakes* smiley - angel

Happy Hootoo Burpday, Emmily smiley - hug

smiley - bubblysmiley - giftsmiley - magic

lil xx

Post 11

Mention a celebration and look who turns up.smiley - rolleyes

smiley - bubbly

smiley - mouse

Post 12

smiley - angel

Gud 'ere, innit? smiley - ok

Post 13

Yeah .... I enjoy it.smiley - ok

smiley - mouse

Post 14

One day, everyone will enjoy it! smiley - magic

Post 15

I thought they did already.smiley - erm

*scratches head*

*sips wine*

smiley - mouse

Post 16

Already?

smiley - wow I was right then! smiley - magic

Post 17

Yep ... one day must be today.smiley - wow

Who'd have thought..... apart from you.smiley - bigeyes

smiley - mouse

Post 18

That's coz I is The Wise One! smiley - witch

smiley - biggrin

Post 19

Skankyrich [?]

Hi all!

I've been directed here by Emmily, who asked for a line explaining what the Beeblecast is all about.

My first thought - don't take newbies offsite. Don't point them to h2g2aviators.com. We're official in a not-absolutely-official sort of way, and it would be much better if they found it as a result of being here. Get them to love h2g2 first, I think - we're secondary.

Think of it this way, Emmily. You can have you photos onsite, because there is already a facility for doing that on h2g2. We can't do that for h2g2, largely because of a lack of an embed tag. So we have to do everything offsite. The equivalent for the Photographers would be that for every photo you submitted, you'd have have to have a link saying 'See an appropriate photo here!' without actually being able to view the official photo on the page. h2g2aviators is the new place where you can see the AV without ads - it's run by TRiG and myself, so we can do what we want with it.

The difficulty is that you can say to newbies 'woo! Look, we do AV!' and then have to direct them to a page of text. Will they read the text first and still go on to view the AV? Perhaps not.

The best solution, perhaps, would be for us to have a page on h2g2aviators.com that is create just for the Aces. We could come up with a page that newbies could view but that would also link straight back to the page they came from, meaning they could hop in and out again with minor hassle. That would be a useful first link. Maybe we could add a button to http://www.h2g2aviators.com/player/?v=8ZlxuMzk5Pk&title=The+Beeblecast saying 'return to h2g2' - I can check with TRiG if that's possible.

What do you think?

Post 20

Skankyrich [?]

Oh, I missed the celebration - smiley - cheers to whatever it is. And to Arthur Perkins, of course.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more