Post 21

Nick O`Teen

Not once you told them how old I was...

You: "Look, I'm telling the truth! He's _thirty_four_, for God's sake"
Them: I've called the police.

God damn sums

Post 22

Frizzychick

I was in the bank t'other day trying to sort out my life and had to fill in this form with an 'age next birthday' thing. Wrote 30 with shaking hands and cold sweat. I certainly don't feel (or act) that age. Where does all the time go - I mean, I've only just started my career, for crying out loud.

God damn sums

Post 23

Nick O`Teen

30's not old. Blimey you're not even halfway there yet.. I'll be 35 next month. Do I feel old? No. Well, except for now 'cause I'm still sick. But that hasn't stopped me from evolving from a single-celled organism over millions of years, has it? smiley - smiley

God damn sums

Post 24

Frizzychick

How are you feeling? I've been avoiding you as I don't want to catch any of your nasty germs. Are you back at work yet?

God damn sums

Post 25

Nick O`Teen

I'm starting to feel a bit better but that could just be the tylenol talking. I decided to work from home again, but I'll likely be going in tomorrow regardless of how I feel. I haven't actually been away from work yet. I can get just as much work done from home as from work. In fact, I can get even more work done from home because there are no distractions.

God damn sums

Post 26

Frizzychick

No distractions? Good god, I can find enough to constantly distract myself when working at home - college work anyway. I have one of these jobs where they insist you actually show up at the place of employment (darn) Well, hope you are feeling better soon. I thoroughly recommend strong apple tea with loads of lemon juice and honey (and a dash of ginger wine - if you're feeling daring) - wonderfully soothing smiley - smiley

God damn sums

Post 27

Nick O`Teen

Oh, heck. I'm feeling much better today. I wish you gave me this advice two days ago. It sounds very soothing indeed. I just stayed couch-ridden for two days and drank lots of water and downed more tylenol than you could shake a weevil at. smiley - smiley

Mmmm... apple tea...

God damn sums

Post 28

Frizzychick

Glad you are feeling better smiley - smiley

Winter has arrived good and proper here - gales and v. cold. I've decided not to go out unless I absolutely have to (this will probably last all weekend - but might get some essay done if stuck at home all day) - but maybe not smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Gaz

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more