This is the Message Centre for Lost in Scotland

Rain...snow...i've missed talking to you!

Post 1

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

GOd I've missed talking to you...i just can't believe how much time i spent on this damn site! But you miss things like that when they're gonesmiley - smiley

So how've you been??

This is Em if you haven't guessed by nowsmiley - winkeye

Em
XX

Post 2

Lost in Scotland

Hello, there.
I can't believe that I did not know that the site was up and running again.. I am so ashamed that I have not kept track of the progress.
Oh well.. I'm back now.
I have to say that a strange feeling came over me when the site went down. All of a sudden I had so much more time on my hands. Days at work seemed so much longer.
And to make up for the lack of the Guide online, I went and bought the book and read that instead. Other than that, things have been pretty calm. No news at work, not thinking about moving away from here yet... Well, thangs haven't changed that much at all, actually.

And yes, the chats about everything and nothing has been one of the many things I've missed about this site...
It's good to be back.. smiley - smiley

See you around.
//Lost

Post 3

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

I know i had so much time on my hands as well...but seeing the prospect of more exams in May is imminant i guess it was probably a good thing!

But apart from exams and stuff hothing much has been going on with me either!

Guess lifes just too boring without h2g2smiley - erm

but i was online promtly the day it came back online because i checked my email & got an email from one of the angel forum things so i got straight back online & got told off for copyrighting a song and not explaining why! See if you quote something in whole you have to put like a wee explanation!...go figure!

Em

Post 4

Lost in Scotland

That must be one of the drawbacks of me not being anything fancy on here, like a Scout, a Guru or an Angel, I didn't get any word about the site being up and running again, and the only way I found out was because I remembered that I hadn't checked it out in a while.

And the loss of the Guide meant that I had to do some actual work, and gave me some time to find even more really cool online comics that I can put up links to on my user page.smiley - smiley

Well, what else to discuss?? How's school? Are you guys affected by the Foot and Mouth disease (I have no idea how to spell that word)? What do you think about this damn cold weather?

smiley - smiley

/Lost

Post 5

id you know eben our conversations...replies and posting and that are being monitored and removed if the beeb don't like what you saY! So not fair!

Hows School...still there!smiley - winkeye Nah i got more exams in maysmiley - sadface
The foot inMouth thing hasn't really effected me yet...i think the lack of hooves help!smiley - winkeye But one of my freinds is meant to be like in Quarintine?? but is going to school via a bunch of disinfectants!!smiley - erm

Damn cold weather to right! i can't believe its been this cold smiley - coolfor so long! Aparently the last winter we had like this was in 1974ish and it lasted until the middle of April!!smiley - yikes

Em

Post 6

Lost in Scotland

Yep, I went through the House rules. I particularly liked a discussion thread they had over the house rules that discussed the possible removal of entries and threads in "foreign languages" such as German, Dutch, Swedish and Finnish simply because the moderators of the Beeb doesn't know those languages. Maybe H2G2 should set up a group of people, much like the Scouts or the ACEs or something, that skips around checking postings out in different languages. I know that I, for one, would be happy to help out settling Swedish threads and posts, and making sure they adhered to the House Rules.

I started thinking about all these health scares with livestock. You know, the mad cow disease, foot&mouth and all other stuff is just a conspiracy to make everyone become vegetarians. I mean, we have to kill all cows because of mad cow diseasesmiley - burger, we have to kill all sheep and pigs because of Foot&mouth diseasesmiley - hotdog, we probably can't eat any chickens because theyre getting harassed by each other and we can't eat the fishsmiley - fish, cause it's getting over fished and is getting extinct. That leaves vegetables and fruitssmiley - corncob, which we can't eat because of gene modification and pesticides. So, in the end, we shouldn't eat anything at all.

I can't say that I find the cold weather too troublesome, actually. If nothing else, it keeps the midges away.smiley - smiley

Post 7

Yeah that is particularyly unfair as it meaans that people who dont speak English cannot contribute to the site. It's not at all fair! And if the Beeb are going to be that Narrow Minded about things then...

"Je vais commencer à parler en français ou quelque chose également pas à haute voix ou moi pourrait juste chanter!"

Its discrimination!...i thinksmiley - erm
Anyway i think you should go ahead with a launguage support group of some description!smiley - winkeye

And i know what you mean one of these days were not going to have anything to eat because of disease, over fishing, GM farming...next the water will get some horrible micro organism smiley - silly or something so we all have to drink stuff that has gone through so many chemicals that we start going green and spotty smiley - illsmiley - yikes!

But i have a few interesting facts for you
1)did you know that this year there was more than double the amount of food to feed the worlds population...yet people still died of starvation...due to all the extra food being in the wealthy countries instead of where it's needed most!
2)There are 15 calories in a STAMP!smiley - erm

Post 8

Lost in Scotland

Ooookay.. I have no idea what you just said in French there, but I'll take your word for it.smiley - smiley

Have you read the thread where I've put forth my proposition about the translator group? I think that that is a fairly reasonable idea, as the people that uses the guide and writes the entries should know what it is they're writing. I'm just waiting for an Italic to get to the proposition to see what kind of reply there could be to it. Mark and Peta are apparently off on holidays at the moment, so I'm not sure when, or if, I can get a reply for that.

There's 15 calories in a stamp? Damn, so you could actually live off of stamps if all foodstuff were ruined, then.smiley - smiley
And yes, it is a tragedy that people are dying of starvation when there is a food surplus. I just think it's a pity that most countries support the third world with money instead of food deliveries. I mean, grain and flour and stuff like that can be transported to these places that need it, instead of it laying about, getting spoiled and feeding rats and other vermin. Like politicians, for example...smiley - smiley

Post 9

ok what i basically said was i'm gonna talk in French or some other language or sing which is also not aloud!smiley - winkeye

I suppose you could live on stamp...do you have enough??smiley - smiley

and it's not strictly true lots of money, grain, machinery etc are sent to third worl countries the problem is the people who can afford the produce the third world the create are the middle classes therefore the people living in the slumbs and working there backsides off to produce the food can't actually afford to buy it!

Post 10

Lost in Scotland

Stamps are too exspensive to eat to stay alive. Better and cheaper with a loaf of bread.

I'm tired. I wannago home and go to bed. I want to sleep.

I got a promotion to another department.. Yippee!

Post 11

Congrates!

Bread is the chesper option might go a bit mouldy after a bit though!smiley - erm

Post 12

Lost in Scotland

Well, it wouln't go mouldy too quickly if you keep it stored properly. But then again, if it goes mouldy, you can just buy some more, since it's so cheap.smiley - smiley

Post 13

Ahh but thats if you can get to a shop! Wat if you in hiding from the threat of mad cow disease or killer chickens or summit!?

Post 14

Lost in Scotland

*looks around frantically* Mad cows?? Where?? WHERE?? Don't let them get me!!

Oh, you mean hypothetically.. Well, then you're absolutely right. I didn't think about that. That could be a problem, you know.

Post 15

I do believe so!smiley - winkeye

Post 16

Lost in Scotland

Did you see the report on telly the other day, with clips from ABC news broadcasts in the US, depicting that the whole of England, Wales and Scotland was engulfed with the foot'n'mouth breakout? Funny how the news broadcasts from within the UK tries to be as accurate as possible while the rest of Europe and the world thinks that the entire country is in a total shutdown.

Well, we still have sheep grazing on the hillside outside of work, so it's not up here yet. And not up on your side of the country either.
Which is good.

Post 17

It ain't here either!Lucky really but my mate Angie is supposed to be in quarentine on her farm....but to get to come to school she has to do the whole feet in detergent & straw thing!smiley - erm

I got another peice of usless information for you thoughsmiley - winkeye

Did you know that hen you die you can't talk to God or you head explodes!!!!smiley - yikes

Post 18

Lost in Scotland

Who said that you can't talk to God? Then again, who said there is a God at all?

That quarantine thing seems to be a really painstaking procedure to go through every time she leaves the farm. BUt I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.

Post 19

Ahh you see my friend isn't meant to be at school at all but she doesn't want to miss out on anything so close to our exams otherwise i'm sure she'd be quite happy at homesmiley - winkeye

I got told by someone you couldn't talk directly to God...aparently it's some deep rooted religious thing....it may not be true!

Post 20

Lost in Scotland

I think that if I were stuck in a quarantine, I'd go nuts. I get restless after about two or three days of doing nothing when I'm on vacation. And I thinkn it's good that she's thinking about her school work, since that's..... Well.. You know. All that "Stay in school and work hard"- thing.... smiley - smiley

Well, you see, I'm not the best person to discuss religion with. Even though I'm Christian by name, I'm an agnostic, and therefor still very sceptic about the whole "higher being" stuff. But on the other hand, I haven't ruled out the possibility that there is someone watching over us, I just haven't been convinced yet. You said that you couldn't speak to God after you were dead, or your head would explode? Does it really matter, then, since you'd already be dead? Hmm.. Needs further investigation.smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Lost in Scotland

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more