This is the Message Centre for Afgncaap5

I have a reason to live in Scotland

Post 1

Afgncaap5

http://uk.kotaku.com/5772054/the-grim-scottish-future-of-role+playing-games

As a life long fan of Infocom games...as a lover of interactive fiction in all its forms...and as someone who appreciates how the rules of a contest, when adhered to, can so perfectly simulate an advanced parser...this show...would you call it a game show?...is why I want to live in Scotland.

Don't get me wrong. For years I've wanted to go to Scotland. To see the sights, experience the culture both ancient and modern, all that kind of thing...but as a nerd, I really, really want to be somewhere where I can experience this regularly.

...it's been cancelled, hasn't it? The only things this awesome that I learn about get cancelled quickly.

Post 2

Taff Agent of kaos

what game was it??

smiley - bat

Post 3

Afgncaap5

A game called Adventure Call. Did my link not show up on your skin? It shows up for me on Classic Goo.

The article shows two clips that demonstrate the more blunderous aspects of what a format like that can do (one caller who just doesn't seem to get it, and another caller who didn't pay attention and made a little mistake but got into a fight rather than paying the phone charges to go back and fix the mistake). However, despite problems like that, and the fact that a part of me kept thinking how much like a Miss Cleo commercial the show looked, the format looked awesome to me. I'd certainly watch it (and might even pay the phone charges to play it, though that's a lot more doubtful.)

I've got my standard "kit" of materials for maze mapping and adventure game solving at all times. Unless the game was grossly unfair to players for some reason I've not seen yet, I think I could have fun with it.

Post 4

Taff Agent of kaos

i cant acess external links here at work

smiley - bat

Post 5

Taff Agent of kaos

but it's a con for suckers to play in the middle of the night £1 a min sounds cheap to a drunk, untill they realise they have been coned out of £50 by slow talking and delay tactics

be better to waste the money on a sex line and knock one out in 3 mins. at £1.50 a minutesmiley - winkeye

smiley - bat

Post 6

Afgncaap5

Yyyyeah...you've not seen how much money I drowned on Perplex City.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Afgncaap5

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more