A Conversation for Trotter's Curse

Please Review - Trotter's Curse

Post 1

Jimi X

Thanks for reading this page! Please attatch your review and comments in this forum.

Thanks again!! smiley - smiley

- Jimi X

Post 2

Jimi X

Hello again! Just wanted to remind you that when you're done with Trotter's Curse, why not join in the discussions before moving on to the next page which is: http://www.h2g2.com/A130924
Thanks!!
- Jimi X

PLEASE REVIEW -Trotter's Curse

Post 3

Jimi X

Just checking if this worked...

Post 4

Jimi X

Obviously, it did! smiley - smiley

Post 5

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Indeed smiley - smiley

Really interesting, Jimi! I think the only major piece of information that is missing is the fate of the three officers that actually killed Trotter. Did they also suffer from the curse, or did it only affect Wayne?

I liked how you listed the quotes together, and then related the individual quotes to the results with bullet points. However, the third bullet point, "May his posterity be cut off....." is missing from the list above it. I was also curious about the order you used - I was expecting the bullet points to match the order in the list above......

You might consider stopping the last bullet point with "...A month later, Wayne died in Erie at the age of 51." You could then write another paragraph relating to the fact that he had no peace in death. Is it known why they buried him in different graves?

A score of 8 - but information on the three officers would push this as high as 9. Good show!

Post 6

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Excellent yarn. In my humble opinion it deserve to become a guide entry. smiley - bigeyes

A couple of grammer things you may want to change.

Elliott became an alcoholic after the curse was imposed, and for the rest of his life he believed a mad dog (the Devil) was following him until his death in Butler County.
His last will and testament was contested in the courts on the grounds of insanity.

Post 7

Jimi X

Each bullet point was a different guy involved in the story. Each officer was his own bullet point, but you're right that they should be in the same order as above. And oops, I forgot the other quote, will add post haste! As for the story of "Mad" Anthony's ghost, that is another entry at http://www.h2g2.com/A160949. "Mad" Anthony Wayne is one of my favorrite Pensylvanians - lots of cool stories about him.
Thanks for the review and I'm glad you enjoyed. A good Halloween tale, eh?

Post 8

Jimi X

Good fixes and thanks!! Changes are being made - you're absolutely right!!

Post 9

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

ahhh....much clearer now, netting you an 8.5 or 8.75 depending on my mood smiley - smiley

Post 10

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Very entertaining and well written, and you get huge bonus points for the layout. Here's a 9 to help you celebrate your triumph.

In my humble opinion, though, I think this will have great difficulty getting accepted. If this were a newer tale, it could possibly have found a home in the urban myths collection. It has a lot of elements of the occult, and I think there was a bit of looseness in the interpretations of some of the parts of the curse. Even though it is a factual account, it still has that aura of legend that pervades it. Of course, I'm just guessing at what the editors would accept...but if I were editor, I'd add it.

Post 11

Jimi X

You mean folk tales and myths have no place in the Approved Guide!smiley - winkeye
I always liked the story and since it was Halloween, I figured I'd roll the dice and see what happens!
Thanks for reading!! smiley - smiley

Post 12

The Dancing Tree

An interesting and quite chilling article that benefits from no padding yet still building up the story. The layout is very good and helps the whole thing along. One of the best entries I've seen in a fun run. 9.

Post 13

The Dancing Tree

It would depend on which editor gets it, but as far as I know we don't limit things to current events. I would almost certainly accept this article in its current state simply due to it being interesting and well written, which is the sort of thing we are after - whatever the subject matter.

Post 14

Jimi X

Wow Tree! Thanks so much...

*blush*
smiley - smiley

Post 15

Astrogoth

What can I say after all that! Well done, I really enjoyed the article, and it fits right in with the (now deceased...) Halloween spirit. Sorry I'm so late in critiqueing (eh?) but I was too %*#@@" busy with work to even come near the 'net, never mind H2G2.

All in all, an 8.5

Post 16

Jimi X

Thanks! I love these kind of spooky legends - and so far a lot of the reviewers have also! smiley - smiley

Post 17

vegiman:-)

Sorry for interupting the flow
Jimi X could you please answer your email
thanks vegPR

Post 18

Cutlery, co-founding Freak and Patron Saint of Cutting Remarks ?¿

Wow! No complaints! This is a great site, and most definitely be approved! smiley - smiley

Cutlery

Post 19

Jimi X

Sorry boss - I was without computer for much of the weekend...
Will comply post haste!!

Post 20

Jimi X

Thanks for stopping by Cutlery! I'm glad you liked it. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post