A Conversation for Community Choice

Proposed Peace Garden

Post 1

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

"He seeks them here; he seeks them there..."

There seems to be quite a few groups in the h2g2 community of Researchers gathered in the name of Peace, Love, and Justice. It occurred to me that it would be nice to group them together in a Peace Garden in the heart of h2g2 Town.

JTG smiley - peacedove

Proposed Peace Garden

Post 2

Also Ran1-hope springs eternal

Wonderful idea.

Now, how do we set about it?

i have got a Daphne which is in bud and I believe that my lilies of the valley are just peeking out - as they are up some stairs I cannot see them!!.

Sincerely,

Also Ran1 smiley - schooloffish

Proposed Peace Garden

Post 3

Ah, am I right in guessing that your daphne is growing in tropical England, where winter is already a hazy memory? smiley - winkeye

The Peace Garden idea I had (not based on a theory by miss Ann Elk) which was mine... ahem. Sorry. I'll start again.

The Peace Garden is an idea for grouping as many peace-love-and-understanding type groups together under one link, in the World of h2g2 lists. I don't know who now has the power to command such things. But I imagine that how we set about would involve being nice to that person. smiley - smiley

There may be something more literally full of virtual plants... my very own Tibetan Greenhouse Dugout (A202654) is such a place, even though it is really more about people than plants.

Still, having an actual virtual Peace Garden would be nice. Why not start one? I'll happily provide some cuttings!

JTG smiley - rose

Proposed Peace Garden

Post 4

purplejenny

I've never really understood how h2g2 categorisation works, but I'm sure that bringing it to the right persons attention and being very nice to them will work a treat.

There are a few other sites on the DNA servers, such as 360, collective, and Ican which might also have similar peacegroups that it would be good to connect to.

The people for peace group, formed in Sep 2001 is here, http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/A633331
could you add that to the garden?

Proposed Peace Garden

Post 5

h2g2Support

Hello there,

I think this sounds a lovely idea - I'll set up an area in the categorisation system. Can you think of any other areas you'd like to add?

Natalie smiley - peacedove

Proposed Peace Garden

Post 6

h2g2Support

I forgot to say:

<>

I like this! smiley - cheers

By the way, the category is set up - any additions you think will be suitable, let me know. smiley - ok

Natalie

Proposed Peace Garden

Post 7

Thanks, Natalie. I'll keep my eyes open.

Now we know:

Natalie has the power!!!

JTG smiley - cheers

Proposed Peace Garden

Post 8

Hi again. smiley - smiley

Would you add a link to h2g2 Friends of Tibet (A2170982), please Natalie. This is really the main thing around which stuff like the Tibetan Greenhouse Dugout orbits.

Thank you. smiley - smiley

JTG

Proposed Peace Garden

Post 9

Willem

Hi John and Jenny and Natalie! This is is the sort of thing I'm interested in! I'll be watching what happens and contributing if and when I can.

Proposed Peace Garden

Post 10

You're going to be busy then. We've got a lot of stuff for you.

JTG smiley - smiley

Proposed Peace Garden

Post 11

Willem

OK so where is this garden??

Proposed Peace Garden

Post 12

Still waiting for peace gardeners, I think. smiley - winkeye

Here is what we have so far:

C54646

JTG

Post 13

Hi, Natalie.

Would you add The Circle (A2253331) to the Peace Garden, please, when you have a moment.

Thanks.

JTG smiley - smiley

Post 14

Natalie

Hello John and peace horticulturalists everywhere,

Please find these added to the Peace Garden. I'm sorry not to have been in touch sooner but if you find any other suitable areas please do not hesitate to ask. smiley - smiley

smiley - peacedove

Natalie

Post 15

Thanks, Natalie. will do. smiley - smiley

JTG smiley - peacedove

Key: Complain about this post