A Conversation for Electric Guitars

ZAKK WYLDE AND OTHER GUITAR GODS

Post 1

SCARLETTINBLACK

i love zakk wylde. is there any other great guitarists that are worth a mention ?

smiley - ok < disco >< disco >
< disco < disco >>< disco >< disco >

Post 2

SCARLETTINBLACK

please ignore the disco words !!!!!!

smiley - coolsmiley - coolsmiley - coolsmiley - coolsmiley - cool

Post 3

drguido

personally, I prefer the late Dimebag Darrell, guitarist with pantera for many years. His playing, while reminiscent of van halen in places, results in what feels (to me at least) like a more original style, replete with noises i never thought possible to achieve from a guitar. conversely, Zakk's riffs seem stuck between alice in chains and sabbath and his soloing style is repetitive once you listen to all of his work. That's not to say he's not extremely talented, I just don't think hes a guitar 'god'. Other metal gods include Strapping Young Lad's Devin Townsend (inimitable!) and the guy from Mr. Bungle whose name escapes me. That guy does it all, and really stretches the limits of playing.

Other than metal, Allan Holdsworth is crazy, Julian Barret from Mighty Boosh fame is variously enjoyable and frightening (see the solo he tries to kill the betamax bandit with in 'the priest and the beast'), Bill Bailey masks great technique with a dose of inane humour, and (the artist formerly known as but not known as formerly known as anymore) Prince played with James brown's backing band. also, Seasick Steve really makes me think about how i play my guitar, and what i could do if i just started ripping strings off it. And left my life behind ot become a hobo. but that's a different story.

Post 4

RaptorFalx

Dimebag darrel is a god i admit, shame all his work has the hollow sound of the Dean guitar with it, That always brings a frown to my face. Zack Wylde is a god, i agree some of his stuff is very similar but that is his particular style so it would. A true Zack Wylde song has to be Farewell Ballad, that has his slow and fast in it and its beautiful to listen to.
Other Guitar gods have to include, Jo satriani, he is a legend and also has a beautiful playing style. Alexi Laiho from children of bodom, not one of their songs sound the same and he is amazing at creating melodic and powerful solo's. Herman Li from Dragonforce is also a God on guitar, It is his work that made the guitar hero game a legend as it is the hardest and most fun song to play on there. Synister Gates, he is one to look up as his music in Avenged Sevenfold is unforgetably good. BB King also for your amazing blues style. If you like your Tapping solo's and strange riffs then check out All That Remains, they are a Metal band but beautiful guitaring and very tight as well. Also check out Five Finger Death Punch and Disturbed for more amazing guitar work :D

Falx

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more