This is the Message Centre for Nick O`Teen

No Subject

Post 1

Researcher 32730

Well, hello there. I'm a digital games designer in Scotland. I design games (in my case, 2D games for children although the company does do large 3D productions too for PC and Playstation etc), project co-ordination and some illustration. I intend to learn HTML but haven't stirred myself to make the effort. I really must. The main disincentive to learning is that I do not have the internet at home, it is horrendously expensive here in the UK as our local calls are metered, and I'm always reluctant to stay on late at work to use the facilities here. We are allowed to but, when 5pm comes..... My home computer is VERY low spec anyway so that is offputting too. However, despite these excuses, I must learn.
Anyway, must get on with work, I just thought I'd say hello

No Subject

Post 2

Nick O`Teen

Greetings Researcher #32730. smiley - smiley I haven't been on h2g2 for a little while (been busy). I've never been to Scotland, although I have been to London for about a week back in 1996 (for ECTS). Differences I noticed included insanely small bathrooms with virtually no water pressure (although I was staying at a bed & breakfast, at least we had a bathroom in our room), and the fact that vendors never give you bills back in your change, so you wind up with eight pounds of change in your pocket. I had about a pound of two-pence pieces that I could only get rid of by becoming the "two-pence bandit". This involved hiding two-pence pieces everywhere we went: under an ashtray at the pub, under the sugar bowl at the cafeteria in the British Museum, etc). I wound up giving the last twenty of them to a street person. Oh, I also noticed that some apartments in London have coin-operated electricity, which I had never seen before. How does Scotland compare to London?

Oh ya, what kind of children's games do you work on? What platform?

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Nick O`Teen

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more