This is the Message Centre for Nick O`Teen

Bleh...

Post 1

Nick O`Teen

I'm rather sick with a bad cold. Lousy way to spend the weekend. Thank goodness I've got all these weevils to look after me. Kensington's busy supervising the Perching weevils who are making some hearty chicken soup. I should be fine, just in time to go to work on Monday. Ick.

I hate colds.

Bleh...

Post 2

Frizzychick

Poor babe smiley - sadface

I sympathise - especially as we all know how terrible men are at being ill smiley - smiley

(a spot of medicinal mishieviousness)

Bleh...

Post 3

Nick O`Teen

I always thought that we men were pretty good at being ill. smiley - smiley

Oh, this sinus headache is driving me mad. whine, whine...

Bleh...

Post 4

Frizzychick

It does seem like men whine about the most mnor of ailments. They make a common cold seem like the worst bout of egyptian flu smiley - winkeye

Bleh...

Post 5

Nick O`Teen

To step out of stereotype for a moment, I've had much worse. I think this was just a very bad cold, as I only had a couple of nights spent in a semi-delerious state.

A couple of years ago, I got very bad flu just two days before Christmas. I spent Christmas Eve at my parents and the next morning I awoke in complete delerium. I spent the whole of Christmas morning on my parent's couch in a fetal position buried beneath three big blankets. I never spoke, because it would have killed me to do so.

THAT was misery, let me tell you. I wouldn't wish that particular condition on anyone (well, maybe one or two people smiley - smiley).

Bleh...

Post 6

Alien

Are you getting better already, o weevilmeister? I just happened to catch a cold myself and when I bumped into a group of Antarctic Medical Weevils I thought I'd send you one too... smiley - smiley

Bleh...

Post 7

Nick O`Teen

Although I still feel like crap, I'm back at work today, mostly because I need better lines of communication with my fellow employees in order to face this rediculous deadline.

On a lighter note, I picked up Sleepy Hollow on DVD last night. Great movie. It was like watching one of those old Peter Cushing horror films, only with more humour in it. smiley - smiley

Bleh...

Post 8

Frizzychick

Glad you're feeling a little better, sweetie. Dragging yourself to work is very noble of you. How are the deadlines going, dare I ask?

Bleh...

Post 9

Nick O`Teen

Not at all well. I have to have all my stuff done by tuesday, so I'm working all weekend. Unfortunately, everyone else on my team has taken off to a retreat up north past Whistler (this was planned quite a while ago and I was too new on the team to partake - then again, I wasn't working twelve hour days like many of my teammates).

I fear I don't have enough design documentation to get most of this finished in their absence, so it's not a terribly pleasant position for me to be in.

At least I'm all better now. smiley - smiley

Bleh...

Post 10

Frizzychick

Sounds grim.

You can only do what you can - what is 'design documentation' anyway?

Bleh...

Post 11

Nick O`Teen

Design documentation is kind of the same thing as a blueprint for building a house. It's a specification that tells me exactly what it is that I should be programming, along with how my program should behave when something goes wrong.

It's terribly helpful and it's not much fun trying to make a program without one, especially a system of this magnitude.

Bleh...

Post 12

Frizzychick

yes, it sounds particularly essential. When does everyone get back?

Bleh...

Post 13

Nick O`Teen

They were back by monday morning. I'm still having design problems, but I'm making much better progress now. yay!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Nick O`Teen

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more