This is the Message Centre for Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Fire!

Post 21

Gw7en (V 2.0)

Amazing pics, Lil!

Fire!

Post 22

Irving Washington

I like that it's been named. The Daylight Savings Fire. Has a ring to it.

Fire!

Post 23

Hypatia

Those are great photos. Can you imagine what it must feel like to stand off at a distance like that and watch a fire head for your house? Even though it turned out ok, it must have been a dreadful ordeal, one I never hope to experience.

Fire!

Post 24

Spaceechik, Typomancer

Wow, that's a little too up close and personal to a fire, Lil! Amazing photos, and a really cool tanker. Lovely area that you live in, it would have been so sad to see it charred.

I hope your legs start improving soon; that must have been very disturbing that they started to "go" when you got alarmed about the fire.

Fire!

Post 25

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

More news in on the origins of the fire: the Sanchezes tell me that the electric pole broke on SATURDAY, leaving the top part dangling and swaying like a ripe coconut. They called Lincoln Fire and the electric company, all of whom came and looked and decided that it could wait till Monday.

Lincoln was apparently slow to arrive on Sunday. It doesn't help that the Lincoln fire chief actually lives in Carrizozo, an hour away, and that the assistant fire chief is a 78 year old with a bad back.

Fire!

Post 26

Irving Washington

smiley - yikes

Close call all around, then.

Fire!

Post 27

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

Phew, just read this, too close for comfort.

Lil,
regarding legs and things, if your problems are disk related the stress of an imminent evacuation would cause your trunk muscles to tense, hence putting more stress onto the damaged disk. It's a well known fact that troops going into combat get back problems caused by their trunk muscles tensing up. They are the biggest muscles in your body.

I suffered from a slipped disk ages ago and it got worse in stressful situations. A couple of drinks however seemed to relax everything.

Just a theory.
WA

Fire!

Post 28

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

WA, that is extremely helpful to hear and it corresponds exactly with my own experience. I told Landlady that when I panicked I felt odd, almost nauseous around my "core". I couldn't think of a better way to express it. Now I understand better what was going on, and maybe I can resolve it. Since I can't carry around a bottle of wine, maybe deep breathing will work!

smiley - hug for the insight.

Fire!

Post 29

Santragenius V

Maybe just a wee hipflask then? smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more