A Conversation for Chocolate

Baker's Chocolate

Post 1

Jeremy the Biologically Inclined

One random thing about chocolate I thought could be mentioned: Baker's chocolate is the nastiest tasting substance to be found in the refridgerator by a young boy or girl. Half the people I know had this unpleasant experience as a child of mistaking baker's chocolate for the "real" thing and sorely regretting it. In my case, I found it hidden, and stole some. I wasn't even punished for eating a piece- eating it was punishment enough smiley - smiley

Baker's Chocolate

Post 2

Savage Wombat

Actually, I devilishly tricked my entire 7th grade class into eating baker's chocolate. It was an easy prank; buy a notable brand of the stuff with a visible logo; break into squares and wrap in foil. This was so successful that it was repeated by others at that school for at least the next two years.

Baker's Chocolate

Post 3

Gert

Pardon me, but just what exactly IS ´Baker's Chocolate´?? It certainly isn´t available here in Denmark. However you may sometimes find 'Pålægschokolade' or Sandwich Chocolate in our fridges. Children enjoy these thin slices of chocolate on their open sandwiches.

Baker's Chocolate

Post 4

Savage Wombat

Unsweetened Chocolate. No sugar whatsoever. Boy, is this nasty. Bitter doesn't begin to describe it.

Baker's Chocolate

Post 5

Anonymouse

It's an aquired taste. smiley - winkeye

Baker's Chocolate

Post 6

Anonymouse

Or acquired, if you prefer. *sigh*

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more