A Conversation for Colours of Wildlife: Capped Wheatear

Adaptability is a good thing

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Birds have an advantage because of their mobility. Sometimes this can work against them. For some reason, they sometimes fly into the side of my house. I saw a dead one on my front walk this morning. It's not unusual to hear them hitting my house. Is it because my house is a shade of gray that's like the sky in early morning or late at night?

Post 2

Willem

Hello again! I think birds fly into houses since they're not 'wired' for understanding houses, they're often not looking out for them when they fly. Or they fly into windows because they don't understand glass. Does your house have lots of windows?

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

It has some picture windows in the living room. This is a problem because birds fly from my neighbor's roof to trees on the other side of the house. Maybe they think they can fly through it.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Colours of Wildlife: Capped Wheatear

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more