A Conversation for h2g2 20th Anniversary Meet - 27th-28th April 2019

Saturday activities

Post 1

Superfrenchie

This is the sign-up and coordination thread for the Saturday afternoon activity(-ies) smiley - smiley
Got a great idea for something to see, visit or do? This is the place for it.
Want to just chill out at the pub waiting for everyone else to arrive? This is also the place for it.

Saturday activities

Post 2

cactuscafe

Thanks Superfrenchie!

I intend to chill out in the pub all afternoon, lurk at a table scribbling peculiar poems in notebook, so I can be on hand to welcome anyone.

Just have to check with mvp, my possible travel companion, as to what time we arrive at said pub, hopefully lunchtime. I don't know yet if she'll be doing the activities, but I'm a definite lurker in pub rather than sightseer.

Yay!

So, first enthusiastic sign up. Pub. Saturday. cactuscafe

Saturday activities

Post 3

Bald Bloke

Depends on what others want,
We could visit the Postal Museum an it's undergound railway. https://www.postalmuseum.org/

Saturday activities

Post 4

Wand'rin star

I last saw that when it was a working wonder over 65 years ago (we knew someone in authority in the PO) and would love to go back if I can make it.smiley - starsmiley - star

Saturday activities

Post 5

SashaQ - happysad

Yay! Good to know there will be someone else lurking in the pub rather than sightseeing smiley - biggrin

Saturday activities

Post 6

cactuscafe

Yay! Splendid! Re pub, all afternoon! See you there, SashaQ!

Really looking forward to meeting everyone.

In an ideal world mvp and I will get to the pub around 12 and I at least will settle in for the long stay, till late afternoon. Very fine prospect. smiley - rofl

Saturday activities

Post 7

Sho - employed again!

I love the idea of the postal museum and the underground railway so I'm a tentative sign-up for that

Saturday activities

Post 8

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

Here are details of the Postal Museum and train. Tickets are available for the 27th, dependent on time, around 100. I will have to call to see if it is fully accessible. I know my partner would love to go. We may well stop at the Café Rouge, Kingsway for food, as I get 25% discount for up to 10 people and I have had all-bar-one food before and personally am not a great fan.
I may also, with help, plan a scavenger hunt on the Southbank and it’s locality, taking an hour, or two? Cameras or phones with removable cards would be ideal, if there is interest.

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Saturday activities

Post 9

Strange how a scavenger hunt has shown up on previous London Meets as a preferrrex option yet this year had had zero uptake.
Unfortunately next week is the cut-off point but I can feel pleased I offered it as a option.

An afternoon in the pub in the great metropops is not mr idea of fun so we will join you later and do a bit of Kultur before joining you all.

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Saturday activities

Post 10

Superfrenchie

Hi MMF, it was really nice of you to offer, indeed.
Looks like people aren't in the mood for it this time... smiley - hug

Saturday activities

Post 11

Sho - employed again!

I prefer to be somewhere where I can have contact with as many people as possible. A big room in a pub is ideal for that.

Sorry, MMF, it was a lovely thought though

Saturday activities

Post 12

It’s ok. I just thought I’d offer.

We’ll probably arrive around 18.00-19.00.

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Saturday activities

Post 13

Icy North

I’ll be around from Saturday lunchtime. I’m easy regarding activities. I’ll be happy to guide anyone around the locality who wants to see it.

If anyone likes shopping and chatting, then there are lots of shops within 10 minutes walk of Kingsway. Covent Garden has all the gift shops you’ll ever need (It’s even got a Moomin shop). If anyone likes books, then there’s Foyles in Charing Cross Road or Skoob (second hand) near Russell Square tube. Lots of options.

Saturday activities

Post 14

Sho - employed again!

Basically I just want to talk to as many hootooers as I can.

Which reminds me - do I have to make a badge? is there a theme?

Saturday activities

Post 15

Superfrenchie

Badge competition is in the planning stage, so do make one!
No theme (other than h2g2 and/or 20th anniversary, I mean). smiley - ok

Saturday activities

Post 16

Sho - employed again!

feeling the pressure now!

Saturday activities

Post 17

cactuscafe

Not long now! Really looking forward to meeting up with you folks!!!
Yay! h2g2 goes live in London!

smiley - cheerssmiley - petuniassmiley - dolphinsmiley - chocsmiley - pandasmiley - mousesmiley - kiss

Key: Complain about this post