Entry: Weekends In the land of Oz - A87793258
Author: coolmael - U14998424

Please review for entry - A bit of a travel/leisure story

A87793258 - Weekends In the land of Oz

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Hey, Coolmael! Welcome here! smiley - smiley

This is a fun, breezy account.

As it is, though, it's not really what the Edited Guide is about. For an idea of what a similar travel description in the Brisbane area might look like, click here: A29639091 You might want to take some hints from there for the start of a rewrite.

We don't usually use a lot of Hitchhiker's Guide references - unless we're actually writing about the book, which we do. smiley - winkeye
See A87777328, for instance.

On the other hand, if your intent is to be humorous and/or write about a personal experience, why not mosey over to smiley - thepost? Current issue at A87786823. (Hint: We love it if you've got photos.) Please check out our archives for ideas for things to write about.

Again, welcome. I'm sure other reviewers will be along with sage advice. smiley - run

Post 3

Bluebottle

Hello coolmael, and welcome to h2g2!

It's always good to see someone who has come to h2g2 and jumped in by writing something, so well done. I enjoyed reading what you have written so far, and very much hope to read more by you.

As this stands at the moment, what you have written is about your personal experiences and views, which is fine, however Peer Review is intended for factual entries rather than opinion. This means that you have a choice on what to do with what you have written.

As Dmitri has mentioned, this sort of article would work perfectly for smiley - thepost, h2g2's newspaper which is currently looking for articles on travel and places.

Another alternative is to make this entry more factual. Although there is already an article about Brisbane itself on h2g2 here: A727247 we do not have an article on 'Fishing on the Beaches near Brisbane', which most of what you have written seems to be about. Why not write more and tell us all about it. What sort of fishes can you catch? How about other sea creatures, crabs and lobsters, shellfish etc? What equipment do you use? Are there rules about beach fishing to prevent you from accidentally catching windsurfers? smiley - surfer Is there anywhere else you can fish, such as the river? I'd really love to know more!

<BB<

Post 4

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

This is great! and welcome to h2g2.

The others have explained about the Edited Guide above, and I absolutely would love to see this published in the Post smiley - thepost

If you're in agreement I can transfer this to the Alternative Writing Workshop, which is the best place for writing of this genre. - from there it will be considered for the Post.

So glad to meet you, and I hope to see more of you in the future

Lanzababy

Post 5

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

smiley - cheerup

It's so sad when a new member fails to return to reply to any reviews here.

I think this should go back to Entry.

Post 6

Bluebottle

If coolmael doesn't return in the near future, I agree - back to entry.

Always a shame.

<BB<

Post 7

coolmael

Bluebottle,
Many apologies for not responding earlier.

Been ultra-busy with work & travel. I will take everyone's advice on where to shift my post to, makes sense really.

Thanks again for your response.

Post 8

coolmael

Sorry to all who have replied to my post.

As mentioned in my earlier response - I have been away a lot for work all over Australia again (from Perth to Melbourne to Sydney, etc) so simply have not had time to log in & check my posts!

I will definitely look into changing the location of my post, just need to work out precisely how to go about that.....

Thanks again for your hints & sage advice

Post 9

h2g2 Guide Editors

Hi coolmael!

Really glad to see you made it back here. To help you out, I have moved your piece to the Alternative Writing workshop for you.

You can still work on the entry as before. This (old) conversation has been attached to the bottom of your entry, and there will now be a new conversation, relating to the Alternative Writing Workshop.

It will be easier for you to use one of the older versions of h2g2, if you're going to be editing. We have a pesky bug or two still to fix. smiley - sorry

Go to [Preferences], and change to Alabaster (or Brunel) the choice is yours. All the links and editing functions work fine in those 'skins'

(we're just about to launch an update to our new version which should correct these glitches, but until then it is easier for me to recommend you change Preferences

If you need help, just shout and either I or your ACE will come and help.

Lanzababy

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more