A Conversation for Campaign For A Chocmuffin Smiley

New smiley

Post 1

NPY

Just made a post to highlight us on the new smiley Front Page Talking Point.

F10770191?thread=5725833?thread=&post=66819751#p66819751

New smiley

Post 2

Kaz

ooh brilliant, thanks!

New smiley

Post 3

NPY

sadkly, I haven't had any repy posting yet. But they're probably still wading through all the suggestions.

New smiley

Post 4

Kaz

probably. I do need to update the page actually with our supporters. Keep forgetting.

New smiley

Post 5

NPY

Easy done though.

New smiley

Post 6

Kaz

yeah, especially this weekend- it's been crazy we've had a three day mini festival in our town over the bank holiday and I was asked to cover it for the local paper (sadly they haven't got the resources to pay me) but it was a wicked weekend anyway with loads of music and good stuff going on so it wasn't really like working...

New smiley

Post 7

NPY

Think of the experience though - you got to go to the festival and do the write-up in the paper.

Was the festival good then??

New smiley

Post 8

Kaz

it was brill- we had a band play who've just got a record contract with the same label as Snow Patrol, some up and coming musicians from London and lots from the local music scene. And, my review was all done in time for this week's paper too- with a byline! woo! Am well chuffed.

New smiley

Post 9

NPY

I'm impressed!! And who knows where this piece of journalistic excellence will lead you.

New smiley

Post 10

Kaz

Thanks smiley - smiley Well am now really pleased as the guy I work with has tipped off the organisers for next time if they want a *paid* press person to cover the events- yay!

New smiley

Post 11

NPY

Yey!!!! Well done. And they'll remember you for next years festival and any other events they do.

New smiley

Post 12

Kaz

I hope so! Apparently there's something coming up at Christmas, whether there'll be music or not I don't know.

New smiley

Post 13

NPY

You never know. They might have some sort of carol service or something. Heard that a lot of places now do carols by candlelight which is supposed to be beautiful.

New smiley

Post 14

Kaz

Nice.

There wasn't much in the way of carols round the town Christmas tree last year, so am hoping there will be something like that happening this time. I'm also hoping to go and see Maddy Prior play in Portsmouth with a band doing traditional songs and some christmas carols in December. That would be good.

New smiley

Post 15

NPY

Should be fun. Maybe you'll get a panto or something too.

We need another new smilie too.....smiley - chocsmiley - cake

New smiley

Post 16

Kaz

yes we do, maybe this should be a joint smiley campaign-for and

Dunno about the panto-think my sister is involved in our local one so will probably go and support her...

New smiley

Post 17

NPY

Sounds good. They're always good fun too.

New smiley

Post 18

Kaz

yeah. The last one I went to locally was terrible (!) but now they've had a change of main staff and writers I think it might be better. They'd cast someone in a main part last time who couldn't sing at all and yet they had about 6 songs to do!!! arrggh!

New smiley

Post 19

NPY

That makes so much sense!!! No offence to the non-singer, but could they not have given them a speaking-only role??

New smiley

Post 20

Kaz

exactly!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more