This is the Message Centre for GrandSamDonald

Fun With Religion And Politics

Post 1

TheKnightGerund

Since you chose to ignore my previous inquiry along similar lines, Sam, I thought I would start a whole new thread - just in case you had skimmed over your replies and missed my question.

You have, as you have said, ambitions to stand as a candidate for parliament in the future. If and when you (a) come up for selction as a candidate by your local party, and (b) stand for election by the people of the consituency you hope to represent, do you propose to make public your avowed beliefs that: everyone (including newborn babies) apart from born-again, biblical literalist-inerrantist protestant christians deserves to die and go to hell; all religous views other than born-again, biblical literalist-inerrantist protestant christianity are the work of the devil, and their followers covert satanists; atheists are possesed by demons; and that the end of the world is nigh?

Answer in your own time.

Post 2

TheKnightGerund

Now you're back on the boards, Sam, is there any chance of an answer to this simple, straightforward question?

Post 3

GrandSamDonald

Knight,

Of course I shall. I am not ashamed of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Post 4

TheKnightGerund

Thank you.

May I supplement this with an inquiry as to whether you believe there would be a serious chance of you being selected by a local party and subsequently elected by the populace with these beliefs commonly known?

Post 5

GrandSamDonald

I believe there is, yes. There are already the beginnings of a great godly revival in th country. People are sick and tied of the immoral, sodophile agenda that has goes right to the heart of this stinking government. A day will come when the Holy Spirit sweeps across Britain, bringing people to Christ and opening their eyes to cesspit of SIN in which they live. Then you will see mass repentance, salvation, and people coming back to Christ. Then Jesus will come and burn the wicked and establish His kingdom - and what a glorious day that will be! Alleluia!

Post 6

Kyra

People aren't that stupid

Post 7

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

What in the blue f**k is a 'sodophile agenda'?

Post 8

TheKnightGerund

Hmm, okay.

If we pretend, for the sake of argument, that what you are saying is true, surely the imminent second coming renders the institution of government somewhat irrelevant.

If the wave of mass conversions to your sect of christianity that you predict will bring a christian-fascist government to power are immediately to precede god establishing his kingdom, what good will earthly government do?

Post 9

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Probably about as much good as it did in the 17th Century. Sure, there'll be all the MPs who ostensibly make all the decisions but at the end of the day it will all come down to one man who supposedly rules by divine right. And then we'll probably have another Civil War.

Post 10

Arnie Appleaide - Inspector General of the Defenders of Freedom

I think Sam may be right. Check this out:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/40517

Post 11

The Cybercontroller from Telos

>There are already the beginnings of a great godly revival in th country.

Really? Where? I know that you are doing a great job in turning people away from religion.

smiley - thepost Never read anything in the papers. Is this statement from either uncle Vardy or some other fundamentlist?

Post 12

yellowcat

People are sick and tied of the immoral, sodophile agenda that has goes right to the heart of this stinking government. A day will come when the Holy Spirit sweeps across Britain, bringing people to Christ and opening their eyes to cesspit of SIN in which they live. Then you will see mass repentance, salvation, and people coming back to Christ. Then Jesus will come and burn the wicked and establish His kingdom - and what a glorious day that will be! Alleluia! Sammy. You really have so much hate for one so young, I really think you should give up your silly faith it can't be doing you any good. Ok I know you get your kicks thinking of people burning in hell but it really does not make you a very likable person(to normal people at least) Do try to lighten up sam, go and find a nice boy and get your self laid, I assume that you are gay and that all this loathing of everyone is because you can not come to terms with it.

Key: Complain about this post